Jacks Hold on for 4-3 Win Over Eagles
LOVELAND, CO - Todd Robinson scored two goals and Michel Robinson made 38 saves in a 4-3 win for the Odessa Jackalopes over the Colorado Eagles on Friday night at the Budweiser Events Center. After failing in their first 10 trips in franchise history to Colorado, the Jacks have now taken two straight from the Eagles in Loveland.
Both of Robinson's goals came on the man-advantage, with his first one in the opening period counting as the 300th of his pro career.
Colorado's Daymen Rycroft set up a furious end to the game when he closed the score to 4-3 with 3:29 to play. Colorado opted for the extra attacker with 90 seconds remaining, and both teams had multiple chances to score in the game's final minute.
The Jackalopes carried a 1-0 lead into the second period before Kenny Corupe made it 2-0 with a shorthanded tally 31 seconds in. Kip Workman put the Eagles on the board with a slap shot from the top of the circles less than two minutes later. The scoring halted until 2:29 was remaining when Robinson struck again from the point with a shot that bounced off the crossbar before ending up in the net.
Adam Hogg made it a one-goal game again 3:27 into the third period with a man-advantage goal at the front of the net for a 3-2 score. Alex Dunn added one for the Jacks on a loose puck to the left side of the goal crease just two minutes later, before Rycroft's goal set the scene for game's final moments.
Sebastien Thinel, Dominic Leveille, and Todd Robinson all finished with three-point games for the Jacks. The win was Odessa's sixth in their last seven games (6-0-1). With a loss by the Mudbugs, the Jacks have now pulled themselves to within four points of second place in the CHL's Berry Conference.
Odessa and Colorado finish their weekend set on Saturday at 8:05 PM CST. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2011
- Eagles Not So Special in 4-3 Loss to Odessa - Colorado Eagles
- Jacks Hold on for 4-3 Win Over Eagles - Odessa Jackalopes
- Rush Dealt Heartbreaking Loss in the Quad Cities - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Handle Sundogs, 9-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Whitley Perfect in Return - Allen Americans
- Brahmas Calm Thunder's Storm - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Bucks, Pelletier Exterminate Bees 7-0 - Laredo Bucks
- Mallards Rally Late, Climb into First Place Tie - Quad City Mallards
- Mudbugs Blanked by Americans - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Killer Bees Shutout by Laredo Bucks - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- A Sterling Shutout as Mississippi Blanks Missouri - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mavs Blanked by RiverKings, 3-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brahmas Squeak by Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Big Second Period Leads to 4-2 Win for Dayton Gems - Dayton Gems
- PrairieThunder Lose at Dayton 5-2 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Graham, Whitley Set to Return to Americans Lineup - Allen Americans
- Thunder Acquires Donaghy from Allen - Wichita Thunder
- PrairieThunder Home on Saturday Night & Sunday Afternoon - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- AHL Call-Up for Brown; Russo, McLean Activated; Jarman Waived - Quad City Mallards
- RiverKings Meet Mavericks in Missouri Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Komets Add Lapointe; Busy Weekend Starts with Visit from IceMen Tonight - Fort Wayne Komets
- Dayton Gems: Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Bucks Insider Replay Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
- Shots from the Point - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.