It's Saturday Night Lights: 5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvPOR
FC Dallas (3-2-1, 10 points) hosts the Portland Timbers (0-4-1, 1 point) at Toyota Stadium in a match presented by WinStar World Casino and Resort on Saturday, April 13 at 7PM CT. This is the first of two meetings between these teams in 2019. Dallas visits Portland on Sunday, June 30.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #FCDvPOR
TV: 7PM CT on Texas 21 and FCDTV Network,
Pregame coverage begins at 6:30PM CT
Radio: 7PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 99.1FM (Spanish)
Pregame Scarfer: Dallas Cowboys Offensive Lineman Travis Frederick
Giveaway: The first 5,000 ticketed fans who enter Toyota Stadium will receive a free scarf courtesy of WinStar World Casino and Resort.
Doubleheader: Shortly after the conclusion of #FCDvPOR, North Texas Soccer Club plays its second match in team history when it hosts Forward Madison FC. Click HERE for a match preview.
5 Things to Know about #FCDvPOR
Saturday Night Lights
Saturday's match marks FC Dallas' first evening match at Toyota Stadium in 2019 and the only one in the first three months of the season. Dallas was 8-1-3 during night matches at home in 2018.
Michael Barrios has appeared in 92 straight league matches for FC Dallas, the longest active streak by an outfield player and the sixth-longest overall in MLS history. The all-time record for a field player is held by Chris Klein (141; 2005-09). Barrios was previously tied with New York Red Bulls midfielder Joel Lindpere and San Jose Earthquakes striker Chris Wondolowski, but Wondolowski missed the Quakes' win vs. Portland.
Set Piece Scoring
FC Dallas scored its first set piece goal of the 2019 season on April 6 against the Union. The goal came in the 10th minute by defender Reto Ziegler. Dallas scored nine set piece goals last season, with the first coming in the 13th match of the 2018 season. The Philadelphia match was FCD's sixth in 2019.
Against the Portland Timbers
Saturday's match will be FC Dallas' 21st meeting with Portland. Dallas is 7-6-7 overall against the Timbers. FCD played to a draw in both regular season meetings against Portland in 2018, 1-1 on March 24 at Toyota Stadium and 0-0 on September 29 at Providence Park. The Timbers are undefeated in the past four regular season meetings between the two teams (with three draws). Portland's last visit to Frisco was on Halloween in the 2018 MLS Playoffs. The Timbers beat Dallas 2-1 in a Knockout Round match.
About the Portland Timbers
The Timbers are still searching for their first win in 2019. After playing to a 3-3 draw in the season opener against Colorado, Portland has lost four straight matches. The Timbers winless streak is now at six regular season matches, dating back to the final regular season match of the 2018 season. Portland began the 2019 season with a 12-game road trip as Providence Park is currently undergoing renovations.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 12, 2019
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Toronto FC - April 13, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Sporting Hosts New York Red Bulls on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Home Opener Saturday Afternoon at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- MLS WORKS and ESPN Announce 2019 Special Olympics Unified Sports Soccer Exchange Program - MLS
- Minnesota United Announces Food and Beverage Program at Allianz Field - Minnesota United FC
- What's New at Stade Saputo in 2019 - Montreal Impact
- Colorado Rapids Loan Forward Niki Jackson to Charlotte Independence - Colorado Rapids
- Philadelphia Union Announce New Partnership with Primepoint HRMS & Payroll - Philadelphia Union
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Atlanta United FC - New England Revolution
- LAFC Takes on FC Cincinnati at Banc of California Stadium on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Take Part in the FC St-Joseph International Tournament for the First Time - Montreal Impact
- It's Saturday Night Lights: 5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvPOR - FC Dallas
- Preview: Orlando City Travels to Face Real Salt Lake - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. New York City FC - Minnesota United FC
- Quakes to Celebrate Earth Day with Activations on Match Day - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo Loans DF Sam Junqua to RGV FC for Saturday Clash with OKC Energy FC - Houston Dynamo
- Twitch Announced as Exclusive Streaming Destination for 2019 Generation adidas Cup - MLS
- Storylines | City vs. Real Salt Lake - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Returns to Rio Tinto Stadium Saturday to Host Orlando City SC - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Sends Jon Kempin, Luis Argudo and JJ Williams on Loan - Columbus Crew SC
- New York City FC and ESPN Deportes Radio AM1050 to Bring Spanish-Language Game Coverage to Tri-State Area - New York City FC
- Sporting Falls to Monterrey in Champions League Semis - Sporting Kansas City
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Giancarlo Gonzalez - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Visits Vancouver Tomorrow. Here Are 5 Things You Need to Know
- Eight FC Dallas Player Available for Fans to Vote for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Presented by Target
- Mexican National Team Members and Award-Winning Singer Luis Coronel to Headline Fan Fest at Inaugural MexTour Live in Dallas on June 7
- FC Dallas Draws with Los Angeles FC
- FC Dallas Hosts Liga MX's Club Tijuana Xoloitzcuintles de Caliente in International Friendly on July 7 at Toyota Stadium