Columbus Crew SC Sends Jon Kempin, Luis Argudo and JJ Williams on Loan
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC today announced that it has loaned goalkeeper Jon Kempin and midfielder Luis Argudo to Hartford Athletic of the USL Championship, as well as loaned forward JJ Williams to Birmingham Legion FC of the USL Championship on a game-by-game basis. Per the Right of Recall incorporated in the loan agreement, Crew SC retains the right to recall the player at any point during the MLS regular season, subject to MLS roster compliance guidelines.
Kempin, 26, joined Crew SC ahead of the 2018 MLS season and has made five regular-season appearances (all starts) for the Club. A 10-year MLS veteran, Kempin played for the LA Galaxy (2017) and Sporting Kansas City (2010-2016) prior to joining the Black & Gold. In all, Kempin has made 19 regular-season appearances (18 starts) and posted two shutouts since joining MLS in 2010.
Argudo, 23, was selected by the Crew in the Third Round of the 2018 MLS SuperDraft on January 21, 2018. To date, he has made 19 regular-season appearances (six starts) for Columbus. Before joining Crew SC, Argudo played two seasons (2016-2017) at Wake Forest University, making 48 appearances (40 starts), while registering nine goals and 10 assists.
Williams, 21, was selected by Crew SC in the First Round of the 2019 MLS SuperDraft on January 11, 2019. Before joining the Black & Gold, Williams played three seasons (2016-2018) at the University of Kentucky, making 57 appearances (30 starts), scoring 24 goals and providing 15 assists.
Hartford Athletic is led by Head Coach Jimmy Nielsen and is slated to face the Pittsburgh Riverhounds on Saturday, April 13 before taking on the New York Red Bulls II on Wednesday, April 17. Birmingham Legion FC is led by Head Coach Tom Soehn and is scheduled to face Saint Louis FC on Saturday, April 13.
Up next for the Crew is a road contest against the Montreal Impact at Stade Saputo tomorrow, Saturday, April 13 [1:00 p.m. ET / SportsTime Ohio, FOX Sports GO (Stream) / 971TheFan.com (English); ColumbusCrewSC.com (Spanish)].
TRANSACTION: Crew SC loans goalkeeper Jon Kempin and midfielder Luis Argudo to Hartford Athletic (USL Championship) and forward JJ Williams to Birmingham Legion FC (USL Championship) on a game-by-game basis on April 12, 2019. Per the Right of Recall incorporated in the loan agreement, Crew SC retains the right to recall the players at any point during the MLS regular season, subject to MLS roster compliance guidelines.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 12, 2019
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Toronto FC - April 13, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Sporting Hosts New York Red Bulls on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Home Opener Saturday Afternoon at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- MLS WORKS and ESPN Announce 2019 Special Olympics Unified Sports Soccer Exchange Program - MLS
- Minnesota United Announces Food and Beverage Program at Allianz Field - Minnesota United FC
- What's New at Stade Saputo in 2019 - Montreal Impact
- Colorado Rapids Loan Forward Niki Jackson to Charlotte Independence - Colorado Rapids
- Philadelphia Union Announce New Partnership with Primepoint HRMS & Payroll - Philadelphia Union
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Atlanta United FC - New England Revolution
- LAFC Takes on FC Cincinnati at Banc of California Stadium on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Take Part in the FC St-Joseph International Tournament for the First Time - Montreal Impact
- It's Saturday Night Lights: 5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvPOR - FC Dallas
- Preview: Orlando City Travels to Face Real Salt Lake - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. New York City FC - Minnesota United FC
- Quakes to Celebrate Earth Day with Activations on Match Day - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo Loans DF Sam Junqua to RGV FC for Saturday Clash with OKC Energy FC - Houston Dynamo
- Twitch Announced as Exclusive Streaming Destination for 2019 Generation adidas Cup - MLS
- Storylines | City vs. Real Salt Lake - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Returns to Rio Tinto Stadium Saturday to Host Orlando City SC - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Sends Jon Kempin, Luis Argudo and JJ Williams on Loan - Columbus Crew SC
- New York City FC and ESPN Deportes Radio AM1050 to Bring Spanish-Language Game Coverage to Tri-State Area - New York City FC
- Sporting Falls to Monterrey in Champions League Semis - Sporting Kansas City
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Giancarlo Gonzalez - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires General and Targeted Allocation Money in Trade with Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Forward Gyasi Zardes to a Multi-Year Contract Extension
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts Los Angeles Football Club at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Aboubacar Keita Receives International Call-Up for FIFA Under-20 Men's World Cup