Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution
ATLANTA - Atlanta United returns to action Saturday as the club travels to face New England Revolution at Gillette Stadium. The match is scheduled to kick-off at 7:30 p.m. EST and will be televised on FOX Sports Southeast. For more match information, please view game notes here.
Atlanta is 2-0-2 all-time against New England and has outscored the Revolution a combined 10-2 in four matches. Both meetings at Gillette Stadium have ended in draws while Atlanta is 2-0-0 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, including a 7-0 win on Sept. 12, 2017 that matched the MLS record for margin of victory. Forward Josef Martinez leads Atlanta with four career goals versus New England.
Atlanta is coming off a 2-0 loss to Columbus Crew SC at MAPFRE Stadium on March 30. Atlanta will play back-to-back games on the road in league play for the first time in 2019 and will play at least two consecutive road matches three more times this season. Through 36 regular season away matches, Atlanta holds a 14-13-9 record and owns the second-best road points per game mark since 2017 (1.42 and 51 points).
New England fell to Columbus Crew SC 1-0 on the road April 6 as Josh William's headed in the game-winner in the 42nd minute from a Federico Higuain free kick. New England is 1-2-0 at home this season. Club record signing Carles Gil leads the Revolution in scoring with three goals.
Saturday, April 13 | Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA|7:30 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (0-2-2, 2 points) vs. New England Revolution (1-4-1, 4 points)
English TV | FOX Sports Southeast
Spanish Radio | La Mejor 1600 AM
English Radio | 92-9 The Game
6:30 p.m.: AT&T Countdown to Kickoff (FB Live/Periscope)
7 p.m.: The Pre-Game show (92-9 The Game)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 12, 2019
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Toronto FC - April 13, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Sporting Hosts New York Red Bulls on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Home Opener Saturday Afternoon at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- MLS WORKS and ESPN Announce 2019 Special Olympics Unified Sports Soccer Exchange Program - MLS
- Minnesota United Announces Food and Beverage Program at Allianz Field - Minnesota United FC
- What's New at Stade Saputo in 2019 - Montreal Impact
- Colorado Rapids Loan Forward Niki Jackson to Charlotte Independence - Colorado Rapids
- Philadelphia Union Announce New Partnership with Primepoint HRMS & Payroll - Philadelphia Union
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Atlanta United FC - New England Revolution
- LAFC Takes on FC Cincinnati at Banc of California Stadium on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Take Part in the FC St-Joseph International Tournament for the First Time - Montreal Impact
- It's Saturday Night Lights: 5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvPOR - FC Dallas
- Preview: Orlando City Travels to Face Real Salt Lake - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. New York City FC - Minnesota United FC
- Quakes to Celebrate Earth Day with Activations on Match Day - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo Loans DF Sam Junqua to RGV FC for Saturday Clash with OKC Energy FC - Houston Dynamo
- Twitch Announced as Exclusive Streaming Destination for 2019 Generation adidas Cup - MLS
- Storylines | City vs. Real Salt Lake - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Returns to Rio Tinto Stadium Saturday to Host Orlando City SC - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Sends Jon Kempin, Luis Argudo and JJ Williams on Loan - Columbus Crew SC
- New York City FC and ESPN Deportes Radio AM1050 to Bring Spanish-Language Game Coverage to Tri-State Area - New York City FC
- Sporting Falls to Monterrey in Champions League Semis - Sporting Kansas City
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Giancarlo Gonzalez - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Draws FC Motagua 1-1 in Leg One of 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League
- Atlanta United Signs Phillip Goodrum to Short-Term Agreement
- Atlanta United Promotes Liam Curran to First Team Goalkeeper Coach
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Motagua
- Two Atlanta United Academy Players to Represent US U-17s to Kick off 2020-21 Cycle