What's New at Stade Saputo in 2019
MONTREAL - As it does every year, Stade Saputo has made improvements for spring. In 2019, as of the home opener presented by BMO, this Saturday at 1pm, against the Columbus Crew SC (TICKETS - TVA Sports, TSN, 98.5, TSN 690), the Impact's home will showcase the new features it added to make the gameday experience even more exciting.
A new ritual to welcome players
Approximately 90 minutes before every game at Stade Saputo, supporters will be able to take part in a new pregame ritual, during which they can welcome players in Stade Saputo's North grandstand. The North Star bell, an iconic emblem of the 1642 MTL supporters' group, or more specifically its striker, will also be part of this new ritual.
Also, from 11am to noon, the 2-for-1 special on all drinks will be in place at the stadium's concession stands. A DJ will be spinning on the Budweiser stage and photobooths, animations, and other surprises await all over the stadium.
Brunch with JiC Saturday morning
Bars for the supporters' groups
The collaboration between the Impact and its supporters' groups continues to grow. For the 2019 season, the Ultras Montréal 2002 and 1642 MTL will each have a specific bar where they can assemble. $1 per beer sold at these two bars will be handed back to the supporters' groups to contribute to their growth.
Main boutique renovated
The boutique near the stadium's main entrance was renovated and expanded to better accommodate gameday traffic, while a new boutique allowing you to personalize your jersey, notably the new 2019 official jersey, was erected near section 123.
Advantages for BMO clients
BMO credit or debit card holders can take advantage of special perks at Stade Saputo. The BMO door, located at the stadium's South entrance, allows you to quickly access the inside of the stadium. Supporters entering through this door stand a chance of participating in the official pregame draw on the field and living a VIP experience, with a seat upgrade for two people and a meeting with two Impact players. Also, the BMO Pavilion offers a bonified and improved experience this year for members with access, at the stadium's North-East corner. Finally, a special promotion will be in place for the first 250 supporters that bring an old Impact jersey, allowing them to exchange it for the club's new 2019 official jersey.
A new seat configuration was put in place at Stade Saputo in order to better answer our supporters' and the market's demand. Stade Saputo's total capacity will therefore go from 20,811 to 19,619.
Plan your transport
Spring in Montreal is synonymous with detours stemmed from construction. That being said, driving on Pie-IX boulevard, from Highway 40 up to Pierre-de-Coubertin Avenue, risks being complicated, and on Viau Boulevard as well, with construction taking place north of Rosemont Boulevard. Also, the Viau metro station is undergoing an important renovation project but remains open.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 12, 2019
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Toronto FC - April 13, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Sporting Hosts New York Red Bulls on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Home Opener Saturday Afternoon at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- MLS WORKS and ESPN Announce 2019 Special Olympics Unified Sports Soccer Exchange Program - MLS
- Minnesota United Announces Food and Beverage Program at Allianz Field - Minnesota United FC
- What's New at Stade Saputo in 2019 - Montreal Impact
- Colorado Rapids Loan Forward Niki Jackson to Charlotte Independence - Colorado Rapids
- Philadelphia Union Announce New Partnership with Primepoint HRMS & Payroll - Philadelphia Union
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Atlanta United FC - New England Revolution
- LAFC Takes on FC Cincinnati at Banc of California Stadium on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Take Part in the FC St-Joseph International Tournament for the First Time - Montreal Impact
- It's Saturday Night Lights: 5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvPOR - FC Dallas
- Preview: Orlando City Travels to Face Real Salt Lake - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. New York City FC - Minnesota United FC
- Quakes to Celebrate Earth Day with Activations on Match Day - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo Loans DF Sam Junqua to RGV FC for Saturday Clash with OKC Energy FC - Houston Dynamo
- Twitch Announced as Exclusive Streaming Destination for 2019 Generation adidas Cup - MLS
- Storylines | City vs. Real Salt Lake - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Returns to Rio Tinto Stadium Saturday to Host Orlando City SC - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Sends Jon Kempin, Luis Argudo and JJ Williams on Loan - Columbus Crew SC
- New York City FC and ESPN Deportes Radio AM1050 to Bring Spanish-Language Game Coverage to Tri-State Area - New York City FC
- Sporting Falls to Monterrey in Champions League Semis - Sporting Kansas City
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Giancarlo Gonzalez - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Montreal Impact Launches 2020 Marketing Campaign
- Match Report: Deportivo Saprissa 2-2 Montreal Impact
- Impact Faces Deportivo Saprissa Wednesday in Costa Rica
- Impact Acquires England Youth International Centre-Back Luis Binks
- Preseason Game Report #5: Montreal Impact 1-2 Tampa Bay Rowdies