Isotopes Edge Aviators in 10 Innings in Series Finale
Isotopes 5 (24-25), Aviators 4 (27-22) (10) - Las Vegas Ballpark - Las Vegas, Nev.
TOEING THE RUBBER: Starting pitcher Peter Lambert received a no-decision despite tossing 7.0 scoreless innings and tying his career high with 10 strikeouts. Lambert is the fifth Isotope since 2015 to record at least 10 strikeouts in a game. The right-hander allowed seven hits, but did not issue a walk in his second quality start of the season ... With the Isotopes leading 1-0 with two outs in the bottom of the ninth, DJ Johnson surrendered an RBI single to force extra innings for the second straight night. Johnson still earned his second win of the season ... Jesus Tinoco yielded three runs (two earned) in the 10th inning, but was able to close out the victory.
AT THE DISH: Albuquerque scored four runs in the top of the 10th to take the lead for good, highlighted by Sam Hilliard's two-run double and Drew Butera's RBI single ... Hilliard raised his RBI total to 44 for the year, the most on the team ... Butera finished the night 3-for-5 with a double and an RBI ... Garrett Hampson drove in the first run of the game with an RBI double in the fifth inning.
TOPES TIDBITS: The win ended the Isotopes four-game losing streak as well as their six-game road losing streak ... Albuquerque is 3-1 in extra-inning contests and 7-4 in one-run games ... Noel Cuevas played in his first rehab game with the Isotopes, going 0-for-3 with two strikeouts as the left fielder.
ON DECK: Sacramento River Cats at Albuquerque Isotopes, 6:35 p.m. MT, Isotopes Park...Salute to Service Night...Postgame fireworks presented by Wells Fargo.
PROBABLES: River Cats: RHP Enderson Franco (1-1, 6.94), Isotopes: LHP Pat Dean (0-3, 10.32)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 25, 2019
- Sandoval and De Horta Combine for Shutout - Salt Lake Bees
- Isotopes Open Homestand with 10-6 Loss to River Cats - Albuquerque Isotopes
- River Catsâ?? offense shakes funk, belts four homers in win - Sacramento River Cats
- Express Silence the Sounds 11-5 - Round Rock Express
- Misiewicz Earns First Triple-A Win as Rainiers Claim Opener over Bees - Tacoma Rainiers
- Missions Whitewash 'Birds - San Antonio Missions
- 10,041 Jam AutoZone Park Saturday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Nashville Drops Series Opener to Round Rock - Nashville Sounds
- Diaz Powers 'Cakes to Fourth Straight Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (19-28) vs. Round Rock Express (28-19) - Nashville Sounds
- Tacoma Splits Four-Game Series After Defeat against Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-25) vs San Antonio Missions (28-20) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Memphis Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 25, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes vs. Las Vegas - Reno Aces
- Fresno topples Tacoma 9-6 as Hernandez continues HR tear - Fresno Grizzlies
- Griffin, Chasers Ice Iowa 6-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Isotopes Edge Aviators in 10 Innings in Series Finale - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Beede's gem goes for naught in 1-0 loss to Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- Allen, Chihuahuas Freeze Reno Bats - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Allen's Gem Silences Reno Bats - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Albuquerque Isotopes Stories
- Berm Seating for Tuesday's Mariachis Game on Sale Tomorrow
- New Orleans Defeats Albuquerque, 10-6, in Final Matchup
- POSTGAME NOTES: Freeland Sharp as Isotopes Rally Falls Short
- Isotopes Back in the Win Column with 7-6 Victory
- Despite Dean's Quality Start, Isotopes Fall 4-1