Impact Acquires Ballou Tabla on Loan from FC Barcelona
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact announced Wednesday the acquisition of Homegrown midfielder Ballou Tabla on loan from FC Barcelona, for a six-month period, until the end of the 2019 season.
"I'm very happy to welcome Ballou to the club that saw him grow," said Impact head coach Rémi Garde. "The opportunity with Barcelona and his desire to return to Montreal came up very recently. No need to talk of his quality, since it's in front of the supporters that Ballou revealed his ability. I hope he can seize this short opportunity until the end of the season to renew his career."
He joined FC Barcelona B, in Spain's second division, in 2018, following his transfer from the Impact on January 25, 2018.
He played 31 games with the Catalan club, including one with FC Barcelona U19 in the UEFA U19 Championship, scoring three goals and adding two assists. In the winter of 2019, he was loaned out to Albacete Balompié, in Spain's second division, where he played two games.
Tabla had played a season with the Impact in MLS, in 2017, scoring two goals and two assists in 21 games, including 11 starts and 1,146 minutes. He became the youngest Impact player to take part in an MLS game aged 17 years and 338 days on Saturday, March 4, 2017, in San Jose.
He had joined the Academy a first time in 2012. He then played with the Impact U18 in 2015, before joining FC Montreal (USL) in 2016. He played his youth soccer with the Pointe-aux-Trembles Jets and amateur club CS Panellinios.
Transaction: the Montreal Impact acquires Ballou Tabla from Spanish club FC Barcelona on loan for a six-month period.
Weight: 154 lbs
Date of birth: March 31, 1999, Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Last club: FC Barcelona
Acquired on: August 7, 2019
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 7, 2019
- Picturesque Goal from Mason Toye Sends MNUFC to Open Cup Final - Minnesota United FC
- Minnesota United to Face Atlanta United in U.S. Open Cup Final - Minnesota United FC
- Impact Defeats Cavalry FC 2-1 at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Toronto FC (2) - Ottawa Fury FC (0) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Sporting Trades Rowe to Real Salt Lake - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Acquires MF Kelyn Rowe from Sporting Kansas City - Real Salt Lake
- Minnesota United Signs Midfielder Thomas Chacon as Young Designated Player - Minnesota United FC
- Forward Brian Rodriguez Joins LAFC as Young Designated Player - Los Angeles FC
- LAFC Acquires $250,000 in Allocation Money from Houston Dynamo - Los Angeles FC
- Houston Dynamo Acquire U.S. National Team FW Christian Ramirez from Los Angeles FC - Houston Dynamo
- Impact Acquires Ballou Tabla on Loan from FC Barcelona - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Acquires Midfielder Micheal Azira, 2020 Second-Round Draft Pick from the Montreal Impact - Chicago Fire
- Impact Acquires First Position in MLS Allocation Order from Chicago Fire - Montreal Impact
- New York Red Bulls Add Southampton Winger Josh Sims on Loan - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Loan out Centre Back Brendan McDonough to USL Club Charlotte Independence - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Seattle's Lodeiro Reaches Double-Figure Assists in Landmark Third Straight Season: Week 23 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- FC Cincinnati, Levy Partner at West End Stadium - FC Cincinnati
- D.C. United Acquire Norwegian International Ola Kamara - D.C. United
- LA Galaxy Acquire Allocation Money from D.C. United and Orlando City SC - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Acquires $200,000 in General Allocation Money from LA Galaxy - Orlando City SC
- D.C. United Acquire Emmanuel Boateng from the LA Galaxy - D.C. United
- Spanish Attacking Midfielder Bojan Krkic Joins the Impact - Montreal Impact
- Nashville SC Adds Midfielder Anibal Godoy to 2020 Major League Soccer Roster - Nashville SC
- Earthquakes Trade Anibal Godoy to Nashville SC, Acquire $650k in General Allocation Money - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York City FC to Host Full Team Appearance at adidas Flagship Store in Midtown Manhattan - New York City FC
- Columbus Crew SC Transfers Gaston Sauro to Liga MX Side Deportivo Toluca FC - Columbus Crew SC
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Montreal Impact Launches 2020 Marketing Campaign
- Match Report: Deportivo Saprissa 2-2 Montreal Impact
- Impact Faces Deportivo Saprissa Wednesday in Costa Rica
- Impact Acquires England Youth International Centre-Back Luis Binks
- Preseason Game Report #5: Montreal Impact 1-2 Tampa Bay Rowdies