LAFC Acquires $250,000 in Allocation Money from Houston Dynamo
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today that the Club has acquired $250,000 in Allocation Money ($175,000 in General Allocation Money and $75,000 in Targeted Allocation Money) from the Houston Dynamo in exchange for forward Christian Ramirez. Additionally, the Club could receive an $75,000 in GAM if Ramirez meets certain performance metrics with the Dynamo. LAFC also retains considerations for a percentage of future sell-on fees for Ramirez. The trade occurred prior to the close of the Summer Transfer Window on Wednesday, August 7 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
"Christian played an important role for us both on and off the field in his time with LAFC," LAFC EVP of Soccer Operations and General Manager John Thorrington said. "We appreciate his contributions to the Club and wish him all the best moving forward."
Ramirez, 28, saw action in 24 matches (16 starts) during the 2018 and 2019 seasons with LAFC, recording six goals and two assists. He originally joined the Black & Gold during the 2018 Summer Transfer Window in a trade with Minnesota United FC.
General Allocation Money (GAM) is money that is available to a club in addition to its salary budget. Each MLS club receives an annual allotment of GAM. Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) are funds strategically provided by the league to teams to add or retain players that will make an immediate impact on the field.
After 23 matches, LAFC remains in first place in the Supporters' Shield standings with a 16-3-4 record (52 points), becoming the first team in MLS to reach the 50-point mark.
TRANSACTION - The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) acquires $175,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) and $75,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) from the Houston Dynamo in exchange for forward Christian Ramirez.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 7, 2019
- Picturesque Goal from Mason Toye Sends MNUFC to Open Cup Final - Minnesota United FC
- Minnesota United to Face Atlanta United in U.S. Open Cup Final - Minnesota United FC
- Impact Defeats Cavalry FC 2-1 at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Toronto FC (2) - Ottawa Fury FC (0) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Sporting Trades Rowe to Real Salt Lake - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Acquires MF Kelyn Rowe from Sporting Kansas City - Real Salt Lake
- Minnesota United Signs Midfielder Thomas Chacon as Young Designated Player - Minnesota United FC
- Forward Brian Rodriguez Joins LAFC as Young Designated Player - Los Angeles FC
- LAFC Acquires $250,000 in Allocation Money from Houston Dynamo - Los Angeles FC
- Houston Dynamo Acquire U.S. National Team FW Christian Ramirez from Los Angeles FC - Houston Dynamo
- Impact Acquires Ballou Tabla on Loan from FC Barcelona - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Acquires Midfielder Micheal Azira, 2020 Second-Round Draft Pick from the Montreal Impact - Chicago Fire
- Impact Acquires First Position in MLS Allocation Order from Chicago Fire - Montreal Impact
- New York Red Bulls Add Southampton Winger Josh Sims on Loan - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Loan out Centre Back Brendan McDonough to USL Club Charlotte Independence - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Seattle's Lodeiro Reaches Double-Figure Assists in Landmark Third Straight Season: Week 23 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- FC Cincinnati, Levy Partner at West End Stadium - FC Cincinnati
- D.C. United Acquire Norwegian International Ola Kamara - D.C. United
- LA Galaxy Acquire Allocation Money from D.C. United and Orlando City SC - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Acquires $200,000 in General Allocation Money from LA Galaxy - Orlando City SC
- D.C. United Acquire Emmanuel Boateng from the LA Galaxy - D.C. United
- Spanish Attacking Midfielder Bojan Krkic Joins the Impact - Montreal Impact
- Nashville SC Adds Midfielder Anibal Godoy to 2020 Major League Soccer Roster - Nashville SC
- Earthquakes Trade Anibal Godoy to Nashville SC, Acquire $650k in General Allocation Money - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York City FC to Host Full Team Appearance at adidas Flagship Store in Midtown Manhattan - New York City FC
- Columbus Crew SC Transfers Gaston Sauro to Liga MX Side Deportivo Toluca FC - Columbus Crew SC
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Back for Season 3
- LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership
- LAFC Falls to Club Leon in Round of 16 of Concacaf Champions League
- LAFC Signs Two-Time Golden Boot Winner Bradley Wright-Phillips
- LAFC Acquires up to $1.25 Million in Allocation Money from Nashville SC in Exchange for Walker Zimmerman