Hot Rods Hold Off Timber Rattlers
BOWLING GREEN, KY - The Bowling Green Hot Rods got two quick runs when Saturday's suspended game with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers was restarted on Sunday at Bowling Green Ballpark on the way to a 6-4 victory. Wisconsin had a great opportunity to do damage in the top of the eighth inning, but fell short in the attempt.
The game was suspended before the start of the bottom of the seventh inning on Saturday night with the score tied 3-3.
Bowling Green (54-38 overall, 15-7 second half) had a 2-0 lead heading into the top of the sixth inning on an RBI single by Izzy Wilson in the second and a solo homer by Jordan Qsar in the fifth.
Wisconsin (44-47, 13-9) tied the game on a two-run homer by Gabriel García in the top of the sixth, but the Hot Rods went back in front on an RBI double by Jonathan Aranda in the bottom of the sixth.
Korry Howell tied the game in the top of the seventh with an RBI triple.
When the game resumed, Freisis Adames took over on the mound for the Rattlers and he walked Qsar on four pitches. Ozmy Gregorio stepped to the plate with one out and Qsar at second base and hit a home run to left for a 5-3 lead.
Yeison Coca appeared to hit a home run to start the Wisconsin half of the eighth inning with the ball hitting off the back wall of the bullpen before coming back on the field of play. The ball was ruled to have not gone out and Coca had to settle for a lead-off triple against Nick Padilla. Wisconsin loaded the bases with no outs as Padilla walked García and Je'Von Ward.
Joel Peguero took over for Padilla and got the first out before throwing a wild pitch to the backstop that allowed Coca to score. Then, Peguero hit Connor McVey to reload the bases. He escaped the inning by striking out the next two batters to keep Bowling Green up 5-4.
The Hot Rods added to their lead in the bottom of the eighth. Aranda singled to start the inning. Adames balked to let Aranda to take second base. Lujano recorded the first out on a spectacular diving catch in right-center and Aranda tagged to move to third base. Adames got the second out with a strikeout, but he threw a wild pitch with Qsar at the plate to allow Aranda to score the insurance run for a 6-4 lead.
Peguero worked a 1-2-3 ninth inning for his eighth save of the season.
The Rattlers stranded ten runners and went 1-for-10 with runners in scoring position in the game.
The regularly scheduled game is set to start at 2:05pm.
R H E
WIS 000 002 110 - 4 8 2
BG 010 011 21x - 6 8 0
Gabriel García (9th, 1 on in 6th inning off Alan Strong, 1 out)
Jordan Qsar (3rd, 0 on in 5th inning off Reese Olson, 1 out)
Osmy Gregorio (5th, 1 on in 7th inning off Freisis Adames, 1 out)
WP: Chris Muller (1-4)
LP: Freisis Adames (2-1)
SAVE: Joel Peguero (8)
TIME: 3:03 (:50 delay)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 14, 2019
- Slammin' Sunday - Great Lakes Loons
- 5 First Inning Runs Not Enough as Beloit falls 8-6 to Dayton - Beloit Snappers
- Whitecaps Fade Late in 7-2 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Herrera Collects Five Hits Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- 7 Heaven: Cougars Ride Big 7th, Score 7 - Kane County Cougars
- Under Hot Sun, 'Caps Lose - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Teng's 10 Strikeouts Not Enough Sunday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Reed Earns Win in LumberKings Debut - Clinton LumberKings
- Comeback Caps Stun Bees Again - Lake County Captains
- Danner Dinger Backs Nuts' Five-Hit Shutout - Lansing Lugnuts
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Homestand Highlights: July 17-22 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- River Bandits Top Cubs 6-4 to Force Rubber Game - South Bend Cubs
- Hot Rods Take Two From Timber Rattlers on Sunday Afternoon - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hot Rods cruise to 8-2 victory over the Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Manzanero's 3-Run Triple Caps Dragons Largest Comeback of 2019 in 8-6 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Fourth Inning Frenzy Pushes Bandits to Victory - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Hold Off Timber Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 14 at Clinton (Game 91) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Captains Defeat Bees 3-2 in Extra Innings - Burlington Bees
- Spencer Steer joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Sunday - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Can't Tame Lipcius, Whitecaps - Kane County Cougars
- 'Caps Fall to 'Kings in Road Series Opener - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Stories
- Promotions Announced for Front Offices of Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- River Bandits Beat Rattlers in Season Finale
- Early Lead Is Enough For Rattlers Win at Quad Cities
- Wisconsin Edges Quad Cities 4-3
- Wisconsinâ??s Home Season Ends with a Close Loss to Kane County