Hamiltons Calder Cup Hero Ajay Baines Joins Broadcast Team
HAMILTON, ON - The Hamilton Bulldogs announced today that former Team Captain Ajay Baines will join Play-By-Play Announcer Derek Wills as his guest colour commentator for tonight's broadcast of the Bulldogs versus Abbotsford Heat game from Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre at 10:00 p.m. Fans can tune in to tonight's game live on the flagship station of the Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Network, 820 CHAM, and online on www.hamiltonbulldogs.com and www.ahllive.com beginning with the pre-game show at 9:30 p.m.
The Bulldogs magic number to clinch a spot in the 2011 Calder Cup Playoffs is one. If Hamilton earns a point tonight in their game against the Heat, they will earn a berth into the playoffs. With four regular season games remaining the 'Dogs are also trying to become the regular season North Division champions for the second year in a row and currently sit two points behind the Manitoba Moose, who only have two games remaining.
Baines, scored the game, series and championship-winning goal in Game 5 of the 2007 Calder Cup Finals as the Bulldogs captured their first American Hockey League championship and the City of Hamilton's first-ever professional hockey championship.
The 5-foot-10, 178-pound centre spent two seasons with the 'Dogs from 2006-2008 captaining the club in 2007-2008 and earning a total of 35 points (19 goals, 16 assists) in 135 games. The native of Kamloops, British Columbia is currently retired after playing his final season with the Iowa Chops of the AHL in 2008-2009.
The 'Dogs will play their final four games of the 2010-2011 regular season this week beginning tonight in Abbotsford at 10:00 p.m. The Bulldogs and Heat will meet in a rematch tomorrow night at 10:00 p.m. in Abbotsford before Hamilton travels to Winnipeg to battle the Manitoba Moose in back-to-back 8:30 p.m. games on Friday, April 8th and Saturday, April 9th. Fans can tune in to all four games live on 820 CHAM, www.hamiltonbulldogs.com and www.ahllive.com. Each game will begin with a pre-game show 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
Become a Fan of the Bulldogs on Facebook by joining their Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/hamiltonbulldogs. Fans of the page will receive the latest news and information regarding the team and players. Fans can also follow Play-By-Play Announcer Derek Wills on Twitter at www.twitter.com/dogsplaybyplay. Derek provides news about the Bulldogs throughout the day and from the road as well as instant updates during the games and practices.
Tickets for all Hamilton Bulldogs home games are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.com or through charge-by-phone at 1-855-872-5000. For more information on 'Dogs season tickets, flex packs, mini packs and group tickets call 905-529-8500 ext. 179 or visit www.hamiltonbulldogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 4, 2011
- Bulldogs Shut Out By Heat - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Irving Stops Dogs 1-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Phantoms Win Big Again - Adirondack Phantoms
- Names From The Past Power Phantoms To 6-0 Win Over Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Norfolk Power Play Too Much For Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Jones Becomes AHL Admirals Career Scoring Leader as Admirals Top Checkers 5-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Knighthawks and Amerks Players to Roll the Dice for Charity - Rochester Americans
- 3 Games Left, 2 Points out - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Cling to Playoff Hopes Entering Seasons Final Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Sign Brandon Gormley and Philip Lane - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Return Chris McKelvie to Greenville - Connecticut Whale
- Locked And Loading Up - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Assign Left Wing Eric Lampe to Elmira - Syracuse Crunch
- Calder Cup Playoff Tickets on Sale Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Griffins Sign Mrazek to ATO, Welcome Back Coetzee and Piche - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Brad Thiessen Wins American Hockey League's Outstanding Goaltender - AHL
- Bulldogs Look To Clinch Playoff Spot - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Look to Clinch Playoff Berth on the Road - Norfolk Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Flyers Recall Holmstrom - Adirondack Phantoms
- Canucks Re-Assign Oreskovich to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Texas Stars Foundation and Players Team up to Help Japan - Texas Stars
- Hamiltons Calder Cup Hero Ajay Baines Joins Broadcast Team - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Barons Goaltender Jeff Deslauriers Named Reebok / AHL Goaltender of the Week - Oklahoma City Barons
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Dunkin Donuts - April 5 - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Oklahoma City's Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Ice Hogs Grab Pair of Road Wins in Week 26 - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Weekly - Manchester Monarchs
- Atlanta Calls for Zubarev - Chicago Wolves
- Rangers Recall Kris Newbury - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage Strike Up Fun at Bandera Bowl - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Release Left Wing Everett Sheen - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Announce Details of Fourth Annual Equipment Sale - Rochester Americans
- Wiseman Earns reGen/AHL Performance of the Month for March - AHL
- Bears Close Out Regular Season This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.