Grizzlies Lose Services of Chouinard
WEST VALLEY CITY, UTAH - Utah Grizzlies forward Eric Chouinard (on loan to the Grizzlies from the Montreal Canadiens) was traded today from Montreal to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for a future second round draft selection.
Chouinard, 22, has scored 12 goals and added 12 assists in 32 games with Utah this season. In 145 career AHL games, Chouinard scored 43 goals and added 56 assists for 99 points.
The former first round selection of the Canadiens (16th overall) in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft has played in 13 NHL games with Montreal scoring a goal and adding three assists.
Chouinard will join the Flyers in New Jersey on Thursday when they visit the New Jersey Devils in the last game prior to the NHL All-Star Break.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 30, 2003
- Express pick up road win in Greensboro - Greensboro Generals
- MacPherson Joins Sharp On Survival - San Diego Gulls
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bachelor Auction to Benefit Make-a-Wish Foundation - Greenville Grrrowl
- Van Hoof Reassigned From Springfield - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Rod Taylor Becomes ECHL All-Time Scoring Leader - ECHL
- Reading Royals Awarded 2005 ECHL All-Star Game - ECHL
- Roanoke's Dusbabek Suspended 10 Games - ECHL
- Harrold and Bartek Traded to Richmond - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ice Pilots Kick-Off 'Ticket-Thon' This Saturday On BLAB-TV - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- It's Hockey Night in Fresno - Fresno Falcons
- Generals Game Day Notes - Greensboro Generals
- Bombers Land Blair Stayzer from Roanoke - Dayton Bombers
- Grrrowl Sign ACHL's Leading Goalie - Greenville Grrrowl
- Express Trade Stayzer to Dayton - Roanoke Express
- Grizzlies Lose Services of Chouinard - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors lose in shootout, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Shoot Down Condors - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.