Bachelor Auction to Benefit Make-a-Wish Foundation
GREENVILLE, S.C. If you want to know which member of the Greenville Grrrowl lists Beef Jerky as his favorite food and which players ideal date is a day on the water, then join us on Thursday, February 6th at East Court Grill in Greenville for the First Annual Star 103 Bachelor Auction to benefit the Make-a-Wish Foundation. The auction starts at 7:00 PM.
Four members of the Greenville Grrrowl, including MICHAEL GARNETT, ALEX BURROWS, MARK GOUETT and JOSH LEGGE, will be a part of the auction. Other bachelors scheduled to be auctioned off for dates include players from the National Basketball Development Leagues Greenville Groove, a police officer, a bartender, a college student and Star 103 afternoon personality, Jesse.
We are happy to help raise money for a great cause like the Make-a-Wish Foundation, said ScheerSports Chairman and Chief Executive Officer CARL SCHEER. The bachelor auction is a great concept, and were pleased to be involved with Entercom Radio, the Make-a-Wish charity and East Court Grill.
Star 103 Promotions Director APRIL WHITE added, We wanted to do something special and different near Valentines Day. The idea just evolved, and were happy to help the Make-a-Wish Foundation. It should be a lot of fun for everyone, and were grateful to have the Grrrowl and Groove players involved.
For more information, call Star 103 Promotions Director April White at 241-4344, or Greenville Grrrowl Director of Communication David Miller at 467-GRRR.
Greenvilles next home game is scheduled for Friday, February 7th against the South Carolina Stingrays at 7:05 PM (Carolina Pride/Community Service Night). Grrrowl tickets are on sale at the BI-LO Center Box Office and all TicketMaster outlets. For more information call (864) 467-GRRR or log onto www.grrrowl.com.
The Grrrowl will attempt to set a new Guinness Book Of World Records for the most people to dance to the song YMCA (13,588) on February 15th. Log on to www.grrrowl.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 30, 2003
- Express pick up road win in Greensboro - Greensboro Generals
- MacPherson Joins Sharp On Survival - San Diego Gulls
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bachelor Auction to Benefit Make-a-Wish Foundation - Greenville Grrrowl
- Van Hoof Reassigned From Springfield - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Rod Taylor Becomes ECHL All-Time Scoring Leader - ECHL
- Reading Royals Awarded 2005 ECHL All-Star Game - ECHL
- Roanoke's Dusbabek Suspended 10 Games - ECHL
- Harrold and Bartek Traded to Richmond - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ice Pilots Kick-Off 'Ticket-Thon' This Saturday On BLAB-TV - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- It's Hockey Night in Fresno - Fresno Falcons
- Generals Game Day Notes - Greensboro Generals
- Bombers Land Blair Stayzer from Roanoke - Dayton Bombers
- Grrrowl Sign ACHL's Leading Goalie - Greenville Grrrowl
- Express Trade Stayzer to Dayton - Roanoke Express
- Grizzlies Lose Services of Chouinard - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors lose in shootout, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Shoot Down Condors - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.