Express pick up road win in Greensboro
GREENSBORO, NC - The Greensboro Generals fell short of the Roanoke Express 2-1 at the Greensboro Coliseum. The Generals (29-12-4) were unable to maximize on the opportunity to have sole possession of first place with Atlantic City having the night off.
Roanoke (28-17-3) moved within three points of first place, where they struck first blood on a goal by Chad Mazurak. With the remainder of the first period scoreless, Roanoke ended the period with a 1-0 lead.
The Generals Chris Bell answered with a goal at the 9:06 mark of the second. On the goal, David Whitworth moved into first place as the Generals all-time assist leader passing Sal Manganaro. Roanoke answered just 26 seconds later with a goal of their own, with a goal by Frank Novock.
The Generals travel to face the Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies on Saturday at 3:05, where a win by either team gives possession of first place to the victor. The next game on the road trip is on Sunday, February 2nd, where the Generals face the Johnstown Chiefs. Greensboro returns home on Thursday, February 14th, where they face the Richmond Renegades. Fans can listen to the game on WPET 950AM and www.greensborogenerals.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 30, 2003
- Express pick up road win in Greensboro - Greensboro Generals
- MacPherson Joins Sharp On Survival - San Diego Gulls
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bachelor Auction to Benefit Make-a-Wish Foundation - Greenville Grrrowl
- Van Hoof Reassigned From Springfield - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Rod Taylor Becomes ECHL All-Time Scoring Leader - ECHL
- Reading Royals Awarded 2005 ECHL All-Star Game - ECHL
- Roanoke's Dusbabek Suspended 10 Games - ECHL
- Harrold and Bartek Traded to Richmond - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ice Pilots Kick-Off 'Ticket-Thon' This Saturday On BLAB-TV - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- It's Hockey Night in Fresno - Fresno Falcons
- Generals Game Day Notes - Greensboro Generals
- Bombers Land Blair Stayzer from Roanoke - Dayton Bombers
- Grrrowl Sign ACHL's Leading Goalie - Greenville Grrrowl
- Express Trade Stayzer to Dayton - Roanoke Express
- Grizzlies Lose Services of Chouinard - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors lose in shootout, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Shoot Down Condors - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Generals Stories
- Statement from Matt Brown, Managing Director, Greensboro Coliseum Complex on future of Greensboro Ge
- New/Used Player Equipment Sale set for Saturday, June 26th
- Generals equipment auction slated for Saturday
- Season tickets still available for 2004-05 season
- Greensboro Generals Equipment Sale set for June 26th