Grrrowl Sign ACHL's Leading Goalie
GREENVILLE, S.C. The Greenville Grrrowl of the East Coast Hockey League on Thursday signed goaltender DAN McINTYRE to an ECHL contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The 24-year old London, Ontario native is the leading goaltender in the Atlantic Coast Hockey League with a record of 13-9-3 in 22 appearances and a goals against average of 2.03 for the Winston-Salem Parrots. This is McIntyres 5th year pro, and will be his first assignment in the East Coast Hockey League. He will wear jersey number 39, and will be available this weekend as Greenvilles 4-game road trip continues in Columbia, SC tomorrow (Friday) night at 7:05 PM (NewsRadio 1330 & 950, WORD).
The Grrrowl currently have three goaltenders on their roster as VP of Hockey Operations and Head Coach JOHN MARKS continues to work diligently to move JAYME PLATT, who requested a trade last week.
Greenvilles next home game is scheduled for Friday, February 7th against the South Carolina Stingrays at 7:05 PM (Carolina Pride / Community Service Night).
Grrrowl tickets are on sale at the BI-LO Center Box Office and all TicketMaster outlets. For more information call (864) 467-GRRR or log onto www.grrrowl.com.
The Greenville Grrrowl will attempt to set a new record for the Guinness Book Of World Records on Saturday, February 15th. Log on to www.grrrowl.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 30, 2003
- Express pick up road win in Greensboro - Greensboro Generals
- MacPherson Joins Sharp On Survival - San Diego Gulls
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bachelor Auction to Benefit Make-a-Wish Foundation - Greenville Grrrowl
- Van Hoof Reassigned From Springfield - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Rod Taylor Becomes ECHL All-Time Scoring Leader - ECHL
- Reading Royals Awarded 2005 ECHL All-Star Game - ECHL
- Roanoke's Dusbabek Suspended 10 Games - ECHL
- Harrold and Bartek Traded to Richmond - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ice Pilots Kick-Off 'Ticket-Thon' This Saturday On BLAB-TV - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- It's Hockey Night in Fresno - Fresno Falcons
- Generals Game Day Notes - Greensboro Generals
- Bombers Land Blair Stayzer from Roanoke - Dayton Bombers
- Grrrowl Sign ACHL's Leading Goalie - Greenville Grrrowl
- Express Trade Stayzer to Dayton - Roanoke Express
- Grizzlies Lose Services of Chouinard - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors lose in shootout, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Shoot Down Condors - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.