Green Bay Evens Series with Fond Du Lac
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah came from behind to score three runs in the sixth inning and one in the seventh to win 4-1 over the Dock Spiders at home.
Fond du Lac scored their only run in the first inning off of an RBI groundout from Luke Robinson. The Dock Spiders were shut out for the final eight innings with Zach Chappell, Chandler Ingram, Tanner Lane, and Jaret Godman finishing off the final 24 outs.
In the sixth, with Jarrett Ford on third and Chris Williams on first, Ty Herrenbruck took a 2-1 pitch back up the middle to score Ford for the first run of the day. With runners on first and second, Justin Greene put a ball off of one bounce into the berm in left field. After the Greene RBI, Ali LaPread brought home Herrenbruck on a ground out up the middle to put the Booyah up two runs.
In the seventh, Cooper Morrison reached base on a hit by pitch. Morrison proceeded to steal second, and then advanced to third on a wild pitch with two outs. With two outs and Chris Williams at the plate, Morrison took home on a wild pitch, putting Green Bay up 4-1. Morrison finished the day going 2-2, reaching base all five times he was at the plate.
Chandler Ingram picked up his first win of the season, pitching in relief for the Booyah for an inning and a third. Chappell got the no decision, going five and two-thirds, allowing only five hits on the day. Godman picked up his second save of the year for Green Bay, shutting the door in the ninth.
Green Bay has their first off day of the season tomorrow before returning home on Tuesday for a double header against the Madison Mallards. Tommy Miller starts in the first game of the day at 11:05 against Madison.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5 minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Cooper Morrison of the Green Bay Booyah
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Huskies Win Game Two 12-11 - Duluth Huskies
- Defense Dazzles, Rafters Drop Series Finale - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rox Sweep the Stingers Following Delano's Big Day - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Hold off Woodchucks for 6-5 Win - Madison Mallards
- Stingers Swept by St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- Dock Spiders Can't Hang On - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Late Inning Rally Falls Short of Beating the Mallards - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Ferguson's Two Blasts Power Bucks to 7-6 Win - Waterloo Bucks
- Green Bay Evens Series with Fond Du Lac - Green Bay Booyah
- Morrow Homers Twice as Pit Spitters Sweep Growlers - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rafters Close Road Trip in Lakeshore - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bombers Drop Second of Two to Kokomo - Battle Creek Bombers
- Mallards Looking for Redemption on the Road - Madison Mallards
- Rox Complete Three-Game Road Stand with Win over Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
- Bucks Storm Back for 8-5 Win over Express - Waterloo Bucks
- Larks Fly by Huskies 11-3 in Game One - Duluth Huskies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.