Defense Dazzles, Rafters Drop Series Finale
Mequon, Wis. - The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (15-12) and starting pitcher Jack Sinclair held the Lakeshore Chinooks (10-18) to one hit and no runs through six innings, but ultimately dropped the series finale 3-0 Sunday.
CJ Willis led off the game with a double to left field, but the Rafters left the bases loaded in the inning. The game remained scoreless until the seventh inning, when Lakeshore put up the first runs of the day and took a 3-0 lead.
Jake Dunham led off the top of the ninth with a double, but was stranded as the Chinooks closed out the game. Rafters starter Jack Sinclair gets the loss with seven strikeouts in six innings of work. Hayden Petrovick replaced Sinclair and then Brayden Bonner had four strikeouts as a reliever.
Chinooks starter Patrick Coyne gets the win and Will Klein gets the save. The Rafters hold on to second place in the division with a half-game lead on the Wisconsin Woodchucks.
Wisconsin Rapids' next game is Tuesday at Historic Witter Field for Skyward Educators Appreciation Night and an appearance by former Green Bay Packer and NFL Hall of Famer Jerry Kramer.
Want to attend a Rafters game this season? Single-game tickets are on sale now. For more information on all Rafters ticket offerings visit Raftersbaseball.com, call the Rafthouse at 715-424-5400, or come visit us over at historic Witter Field. The Rafters ticket office is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at Witter Field, 521 Lincoln Street in Wisconsin Rapids.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Huskies Win Game Two 12-11 - Duluth Huskies
- Defense Dazzles, Rafters Drop Series Finale - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rox Sweep the Stingers Following Delano's Big Day - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Hold off Woodchucks for 6-5 Win - Madison Mallards
- Stingers Swept by St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- Dock Spiders Can't Hang On - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Late Inning Rally Falls Short of Beating the Mallards - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Ferguson's Two Blasts Power Bucks to 7-6 Win - Waterloo Bucks
- Green Bay Evens Series with Fond Du Lac - Green Bay Booyah
- Morrow Homers Twice as Pit Spitters Sweep Growlers - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rafters Close Road Trip in Lakeshore - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bombers Drop Second of Two to Kokomo - Battle Creek Bombers
- Mallards Looking for Redemption on the Road - Madison Mallards
- Rox Complete Three-Game Road Stand with Win over Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
- Bucks Storm Back for 8-5 Win over Express - Waterloo Bucks
- Larks Fly by Huskies 11-3 in Game One - Duluth Huskies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.