Dock Spiders Can't Hang On
ASHWAUBENON, WI- The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders (12-15) and the Green Bay Booyah (14-13) wrapped up their two game series with a split.
The Dock Spiders only produced one run the entire game. A first inning run on an RBI by Luke Robinson (Western Carolina) got the Dock Spiders the early lead.
Ryan Bader (Northwestern) got the ball today for his second start of the year. He would cruise through the first five innings until he ran into some trouble in the sixth.
Bader would allow three runs in the sixth and the Dock Spiders would find themselves trailing late in the game. The Booyah would tack another run for insurance in the seventh.
The Dock Spiders offense couldn't get anything going for them. They managed to get runners on, but couldn't get the timely hits.
Duncan Hunter (Jacksonville) would have himself a multi-hit game. Max Downs (Saint Xavier) had a two hit game as well.
Andrew Bullock (Western Carolina) tallied another double on the day. Tim Elko (Mississippi) also tacked on a double.
The Dock Spiders get a much needed day off on Monday. They're back on the road on Tuesday to face the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. First pitch 7:05 PM CST.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Huskies Win Game Two 12-11 - Duluth Huskies
- Defense Dazzles, Rafters Drop Series Finale - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rox Sweep the Stingers Following Delano's Big Day - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Hold off Woodchucks for 6-5 Win - Madison Mallards
- Stingers Swept by St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- Dock Spiders Can't Hang On - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Late Inning Rally Falls Short of Beating the Mallards - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Ferguson's Two Blasts Power Bucks to 7-6 Win - Waterloo Bucks
- Green Bay Evens Series with Fond Du Lac - Green Bay Booyah
- Morrow Homers Twice as Pit Spitters Sweep Growlers - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rafters Close Road Trip in Lakeshore - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bombers Drop Second of Two to Kokomo - Battle Creek Bombers
- Mallards Looking for Redemption on the Road - Madison Mallards
- Rox Complete Three-Game Road Stand with Win over Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
- Bucks Storm Back for 8-5 Win over Express - Waterloo Bucks
- Larks Fly by Huskies 11-3 in Game One - Duluth Huskies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.