Larks Fly by Huskies 11-3 in Game One
Duluth, Minn - The Duluth Huskies fell in Bismarck, ND to the Lark by a score of 11-3 in game one of the four game home and home series.
Duluth got on the board first on a single to right field that scored Lance Ford from 3rd in the top of the opening frame. The Huskies made it 2-0 when Tyler Lozano scored on a single to center field in the top of the second.
The Larks would counter with two of their own in the bottom second inning on a triple by Patrick Arndt that scored Cole Taylor. The second run came across on a throwing error by the catcher Tyler Lozano on a stolen base attempt by Cooper Bowman.
The Huskies retook the lead in the top of the third on a sacrifice fly by Danny Zimmerman to right field that would score Lance Ford.
Both teams went scoreless in the fourth inning before the Larks took control of the game. Bismarck scored Wyatt Ulrich from third on a passed ball to tie the game at three and Jack Chernow laced a single to right field to score David Mendham in the fifth.
It was all Bismarck from there as they scored two more in the sixth to push their lead to 6-3 on a 2-run single by Jacob Rogers. The Larks added three more in the seventh on a wild pitch to scored AJ DiFillipo, a single by Zack Gregory that scored Cooper Bowman, and a bases loaded walk by Jack Chernow that saw Zack Gregory trot home.
Finally, the Larks added another pair of runs in the eighth when Wyatt Ulrich reached on a fielder's choice that scored Patrick Arndt. In the attempted double-play, an error on the relay throw by the shortstop Nic Kent scored Cooper Bowman.
The Huskies face the Larks once again tomorrow afternoon. First pitch is set for 4:05 pm with live game coverage on 92.1 The fan and twinportssportshub.com beginning at 3:55 pm. All Duluth Huskies and Northwoods League games are live streamed online at portal.stretchlive.com/nwl to watch.
Be sure to follow the Duluth Huskies on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat all season long. Check out duluthhuskies.com for tickets to upcoming games. For more in-depth news on the Huskies, be sure to follow @XtraInningsWithRyne and @JoeChatzHuskies on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Huskies Win Game Two 12-11 - Duluth Huskies
- Defense Dazzles, Rafters Drop Series Finale - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rox Sweep the Stingers Following Delano's Big Day - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Hold off Woodchucks for 6-5 Win - Madison Mallards
- Stingers Swept by St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- Dock Spiders Can't Hang On - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Late Inning Rally Falls Short of Beating the Mallards - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Ferguson's Two Blasts Power Bucks to 7-6 Win - Waterloo Bucks
- Green Bay Evens Series with Fond Du Lac - Green Bay Booyah
- Morrow Homers Twice as Pit Spitters Sweep Growlers - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rafters Close Road Trip in Lakeshore - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bombers Drop Second of Two to Kokomo - Battle Creek Bombers
- Mallards Looking for Redemption on the Road - Madison Mallards
- Rox Complete Three-Game Road Stand with Win over Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
- Bucks Storm Back for 8-5 Win over Express - Waterloo Bucks
- Larks Fly by Huskies 11-3 in Game One - Duluth Huskies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.