Gameday: Adirondack vs. Manchester
TONIGHT'S MATCHUP: Tonight is the seventh meeting between Adirondack and Manchester this season, with the Thunder holding an edge in the series thus far, earning points in five of the previous six matchups with a 4-1-1 record. The most recent matchup between the two teams came back on December 27th, when the Monarchs shut out the Thunder 2-0. Adirondack comes into tonight's game off a 3-2 victory over the Reading Royals in Pennsylvania on Sunday, while Manchester comes in fresh off of back-to-back shootout loses to the Greenville Swamp Rabbits at home.
COMIC CONS: With his goal on Sunday afternoon, Thunder defenseman Ryan Constant added another point to his impressive power play totals. The veteran defenseman has 17 total points (3-14-17) on the season with nine (2-7-9) coming on the man advantage, tops on the team. The ninth year pro has already tied his season total points from last season, and is on pace to break his career high for points of 36.
SWEET HOME GLENS FALLS: Wednesday's matchup is the first of a five-game homestand for the Thunder, where the team will face off against Manchester, Reading and Norfolk individually, while also playing back-to-back games this weekend against the South Carolina Stingrays. The team enjoyed great success at the Civic Center in 2015, posting an 8-3-1 record on home ice.
CLIFTON PARK CONNECTION: Two local skaters, defenseman Patch Alber and forward Peter MacArthur, made important contributions over the past week. Alber totaled three assists, including two in Sunday's win, which led the team en route to being named the Thermal Associates Player of the Week. MacArthur scored the lone goal in Thursday's win and added the shootout winner to boot.
STEPPENWOLFE: Since he returned to the Thunder on December 18th, forward Greg Wolfe has stepped up and notched five points (3-2-5) in seven games, including the game winning goal on Sunday in Reading. Through 21 games with the Thunder this season, the Canton, MI native has amassed 15 points (6-9-15), which is fifth best on the team.
SIMPSON PLAN: The Stockton Heat assigned goaltender Kent Simpson to Adirondack yesterday afternoon. The Edmonton, ALTA native has appeared in two games this season with the Thunder, where he went 2-0 with a 2.00 goals against average and a .939 save percentage. Simpson, who also appeared in seven contests this season in the AHL with the Heat, gives the Thunder a three-headed monster in goal, combined with Ken Appleby and Drew Fielding. The three netminders have combined for a 16-8 record this season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 6, 2016
- Solar Bears Open Road Trip with 4-2 Win at Norfolk - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Can't Overcome Three First-Period Goals in 4-2 Defeat - Norfolk Admirals
- Gladiators Route Cyclones with 5-2 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Monarchs Fall in Adirondack, 5-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Aces Practice Outdoors Ahead of Road Trip - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Transactions - January 6 - ECHL
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Royals Assert Successful Waiver Claim for Forward Joey Sides - Reading Royals
- Admirals Sign Winger Janick Asselin - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Colorado's Daavettila Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Eagles Daavettila Named CCM ECHL Player of The - Colorado Eagles
- Goaltender Stephon Williams Assigned to Missouri from Bridgeport - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mychan Returns from AHL - Colorado Eagles
- Wings Host Beast on Kalamazoo's Largest Piece of Art - Kalamazoo Wings
- Hart and Saponari Return from AHL - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks' Josh Robinson Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Robinson Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Post-Game 'Carrot Toss' to Support Local Non-Profits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Notes- January 6 vs Atlanta - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers to Sport Retro Jerseys - Tulsa Oilers
- Gameday: Adirondack vs. Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- C.J. Motte Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - Elmira Jackals
- Elmira's Motte Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- ECHL Today - January 6 - ECHL
- Oilers Edged 4-3 by Mavericks in Shootout - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Edge Oilers 4-3 in Shootout Decision - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.