Monarchs Game Day Capsule
WHERE WE STAND The Monarchs head into the week in sole possession of first place in the East Division for the fourth straight week with 43 points, leading Adirondack (40 pts.) and Elmira (40 pts.) for the division lead. Manchester's 43 points are good for second in the Eastern Conference, behind only the South Division leading Florida Everblades, and third in the ECHL.
DIVISION COLLISION The Monarchs will face the Adirondack Thunder for the seventh time this season Wednesday night. The Monarchs are 2-4-0-0 on the season versus their division foe, but the last time these two teams met, Colin Stevens recorded his first profession shutout, in a 2-0 Monarchs victory.
LEADING THE WAY Matt Leitner continues to lead the Monarchs in scoring with 31 points on eight goals and 23 assists, tied for first place amongst all ECHL rookies in points and is tied for fifth overall in the ECHL in points. Maxim Kitsyn remains second on the Monarchs roster in scoring with 21points (10g, 11a) and Stefan Legein holds firm in the top-3 with 19 points (8g, 11a).
SHOOT EARLY, SHOOT OFTEN On the season, Manchester is 18-4-0-2 when outshooting the opposition and 2-6-0-0 when being outshot. In the six games with Adirondack this season, the teams have split the shot battle three games a side. Overall, the Monarchs have outshot Adirondack by a combined margin of 202-193. The Monarchs have outshot Elmira in each of their three matchups this season, outshooting the Jackals by a combined margin of 132-91.
The Monarchs have been taking points at a steady pace since the end of November, vaulting them into first place in the East Division. In their past 18 games, the Monarchs have taken points in 14 of those contests, earning an 11-4-0-3 record.
MONARCHS TAKE TO THE ROAD The Monarchs return to the ice on Wednesday, Jan. 6 (7 p.m.), when they head to Adirondack to battle the Thunder. The Monarchs will travel to Elmira to take on the Jackals on Friday, Jan. 8 (7:05 p.m.) and Saturday, Jan. 9 (7:05 p.m.).
This Season - 2-0 MCH, Dec. 27
All-Time - 2-4-0-0
MONARCHS POINTS LEADERS
Matt Leitner: 31 points (8g, 23a)
Maxim Kitsyn: 21 points (10g, 11a)
Stefan Legein: 19 points (8g, 11a)
THUNDER POINTS LEADERS
Michael Kirkpatrick: 26 points (11g, 15a)
Ryan Constant: 17 points (3g, 14a)
Greg Wolfe: 15 points (6g, 9a)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 6, 2016
- Solar Bears Open Road Trip with 4-2 Win at Norfolk - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Can't Overcome Three First-Period Goals in 4-2 Defeat - Norfolk Admirals
- Gladiators Route Cyclones with 5-2 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Monarchs Fall in Adirondack, 5-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Aces Practice Outdoors Ahead of Road Trip - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Transactions - January 6 - ECHL
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Royals Assert Successful Waiver Claim for Forward Joey Sides - Reading Royals
- Admirals Sign Winger Janick Asselin - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Colorado's Daavettila Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Eagles Daavettila Named CCM ECHL Player of The - Colorado Eagles
- Goaltender Stephon Williams Assigned to Missouri from Bridgeport - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mychan Returns from AHL - Colorado Eagles
- Wings Host Beast on Kalamazoo's Largest Piece of Art - Kalamazoo Wings
- Hart and Saponari Return from AHL - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks' Josh Robinson Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Robinson Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Post-Game 'Carrot Toss' to Support Local Non-Profits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Notes- January 6 vs Atlanta - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers to Sport Retro Jerseys - Tulsa Oilers
- Gameday: Adirondack vs. Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- C.J. Motte Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - Elmira Jackals
- Elmira's Motte Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- ECHL Today - January 6 - ECHL
- Oilers Edged 4-3 by Mavericks in Shootout - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Edge Oilers 4-3 in Shootout Decision - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.