Mavericks' Josh Robinson Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month
INDEPENDENCE, MO - The Missouri Mavericks are proud to announce that net-minder Josh Robinson has been named the Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month for his standout performance between the pipes for the Mavericks in the month of December.
"It is a great honor to be named goaltender of the month for December," said Robinson. "I would not have the success I've experienced without the hard work and great play of my team around me."
Robinson owns a nearly flawless overall record of 17-0-0-1 this season with Missouri, having won 13 consecutive games, he is tied for the second longest streak in ECHL history.
PRINCETON, N.J. - Josh Robinson of the Missouri Mavericks is the Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month for December. It is the second time this season that Robinson has received the monthly honor after also being recognized in October.
The 26-year-old went 5-0-0 with a 1.60 goals-against average and a save percentage of .937 in five appearances during the month.
Robinson allowed two goals or less in each of his five appearances and made at least 25 saves three times. He allowed one goal in each of his final two starts in December, making 32 saves in a 3-1 win at Allen on Dec. 26 and stopping 14 shots in a 7-1 victory against Wichita on Dec. 31.
A native of Frankenmuth, Mich., Robinson is 17-0-1 in 18 appearances this season and leads the ECHL in wins, while he is second in the league with a 1.65 goals-against average and is third with a .935 save percentage.
Robinson has appeared in 98 career ECHL games with Missouri and Idaho posting an overall record of 63-25-8 with seven shutouts, a 2.45 goals-against average and a save percentage of .921.He also has seen action in 15 career games with Texas of the American"Hockey League.
Prior to turning pro, Robinson played four seasons at Michigan Tech University. As a senior, he won 15 games, which were the most wins in a season for a Michigan Tech goaltender since 1992-93.
The Mavericks play their next 5 games on the road before they return home to Silverstein Eye Centers Arena on Friday, Jan. 22nd when they host the Tulsa Oilers in back-to-back games on Friday and Saturday. Tickets are available online at TicketMaster.com and in-person at the arena box office.
Images from this story
Missouri Mavericks' Goaltender Josh Robinson
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 6, 2016
- Solar Bears Open Road Trip with 4-2 Win at Norfolk - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Can't Overcome Three First-Period Goals in 4-2 Defeat - Norfolk Admirals
- Gladiators Route Cyclones with 5-2 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Monarchs Fall in Adirondack, 5-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Aces Practice Outdoors Ahead of Road Trip - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Transactions - January 6 - ECHL
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Royals Assert Successful Waiver Claim for Forward Joey Sides - Reading Royals
- Admirals Sign Winger Janick Asselin - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Colorado's Daavettila Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Eagles Daavettila Named CCM ECHL Player of The - Colorado Eagles
- Goaltender Stephon Williams Assigned to Missouri from Bridgeport - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mychan Returns from AHL - Colorado Eagles
- Wings Host Beast on Kalamazoo's Largest Piece of Art - Kalamazoo Wings
- Hart and Saponari Return from AHL - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks' Josh Robinson Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Robinson Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Post-Game 'Carrot Toss' to Support Local Non-Profits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Notes- January 6 vs Atlanta - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers to Sport Retro Jerseys - Tulsa Oilers
- Gameday: Adirondack vs. Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- C.J. Motte Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - Elmira Jackals
- Elmira's Motte Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- ECHL Today - January 6 - ECHL
- Oilers Edged 4-3 by Mavericks in Shootout - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Edge Oilers 4-3 in Shootout Decision - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- KC Continues Their Hunt for a Playoff Spot as Road Trip Closes Out
- Atlanta's Late Goals Haunt Mavericks, KC Downed 4-3
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip