Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays
PRACTICE HEALTHY HABITS: The health and safety of our fans, employees and players is our top priority. We are in contact with local health officials, the Orlando Magic and ECHL as we closely monitor the situation. We are getting daily communication from the Orlando Magic and ECHL and have established an internal task force to address any directives.
Please note, we are taking direction from the experts in the science and medical community, and we encourage all to practice common CDC hygiene guidelines.
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears vs. South Carolina Stingrays
VENUE: Jewett Orthopaedic Rink at Amway Center, Orlando, Fla.
DATE: Wednesday, March 11, 7 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Facebook, Mixlr and TuneIn
Wine Down Wednesday - Fans can take advantage of $5 wine specials during the game
Purchase tickets for Wednesday, March 11 vs. South Carolina
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (26-29-5-1) face the first-place South Carolina Stingrays (44-13-3-1) for the 12th and final meeting of the 2019-20 regular season. Orlando has gone 2-9-0-0 against the Stingrays this season; eight of the games thus far have been decided by two or fewer goals.
PLAYOFF PICTURE: The Solar Bears enter tonight's game in fifth place in the South Division, and currently need 22 points to clinch a fourth consecutive playoff berth. A win tonight would move Orlando to within two points of a playoff spot.
BANGED UP: The Solar Bears entered the week with five players on the injured reserve, which leads the Eastern Conference and is tied for the most overall with Rapid City and Toledo. Defenseman Kevin Lohan is slated to come off IR today and return to the lineup after missing the previous nine games.
KEEP IT CLEAN: This season the Solar Bears have averaged 12.55 penalty minutes per game against the Stingrays; only slightly below their total average of 12.57. Meanwhile, the South Carolina has averaged 9.45 penalty minutes per game against Orlando, well below their season average of 12.15.
BRODZINSKI SET TO PLAY IN 150TH ECHL GAME: Michael Brodzinski is slated to play in his 150th career ECHL game tonight; 126 have been played with the Solar Bears since joining Orlando last season. He is currently tied for 11th in scoring among ECHL defensemen with 35 points (8g-27a) in 57 games. The blueliner's next goal will tie his previous career-high.
SHOT TOTALS: Orlando has averaged 28.64 shots on goal through 11 games against South Carolina, while surrendering an average of 33.73 shots.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT: The Stingrays recently traveled west to face the Idaho Steelheads in a three-game set, dropping the first two games by a combined 5-1 score, before winning 5-4 in the final contest.
NEXT GAME: Orlando visits the Florida Everblades on Saturday, March 14 at 7 p.m. to open up a stretch of two road games. The Solar Bears return home to host the Everblades on Friday, March 20 at 7 p.m. for Noche Latina, presented by Auto Justice Attorney Michael T. Gibson.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 11, 2020
- Cyclones Tripped up in Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Ground Cyclones with Three Quick Second-Period Goals - Toledo Walleye
- Special Teams Pushes Komets Past Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Windsor, Orlando Skate Past Stingrays, 3-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Fall 1-0 to Fuel - Kalamazoo Wings
- Watson Power Play Goal Lifts Indy over Kalamazoo - Indy Fuel
- Everblades Ink Defenseman Carl Neill to ATO - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - March 11 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Sign Forward Matt Hoover - Utah Grizzlies
- Walleye to Play Tonight with Restricted Attendance - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings and Wings Event Center Issue Statement Regarding Upcoming Events - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wolf Pack Add Two Forwards to Roster - Maine Mariners
- Mariners Celebrate Beacon's Birthday Saturday - Maine Mariners
- Worcester Railers HC Sign James Anderson and Michael Gillespie to ECHL Contracts - Worcester Railers HC
- Walleye Weekly: Playoff Tickets on Sale Today - Toledo Walleye
- Soderlund and McLaughlin Assigned to Indy - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.