Watson Power Play Goal Lifts Indy over Kalamazoo
KALAMAZOO, MI - In their first of four games this week, the Fuel traveled to Kalamazoo to face the Wings in the eighth of nine matchups this season. After a scoreless first period, Spencer Watson scored what would be the only goal of the game, handing Indy two points in the Central Division playoff race.
Throughout a scoreless first period, both teams had a chance on the man advantage but were shut out by goaltenders Dan Bakala and Jake Hildebrand. Although defending late pressure from the Wings at the end of the period, the Fuel would head into the locker room leading 10-9 in shots.
Earning a late power play after a scrum between Cliff Watson and Garret Ross, Spencer Wason earned the first goal of the game, ripping a shot over the shoulder of Kalamazoo goaltender Jake Hildebrand. Indy would head into the locker room leading 1-0 on the scoreboard but trailing 19-16 on the shot chart.
Defending a barrage of shots throughout the final period, the Fuel defense held on to a 1-0 lead. Stopping 14 shots from the Wings in the third, Dan Bakala held on to his shutout streak against Kalamazoo, not allowing a goal through 127 minutes of action.
Single-Game tickets are now available for the entire 2019-20 Fuel season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of a wide variety of Ticket Plans by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com. Don't miss a second of the action during the 2019-20 season - follow the Fuel on Twitter and Instagram (@IndyFuel) and 'Like' the Fuel on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 11, 2020
- Cyclones Tripped up in Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Ground Cyclones with Three Quick Second-Period Goals - Toledo Walleye
- Special Teams Pushes Komets Past Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Windsor, Orlando Skate Past Stingrays, 3-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Fall 1-0 to Fuel - Kalamazoo Wings
- Watson Power Play Goal Lifts Indy over Kalamazoo - Indy Fuel
- Everblades Ink Defenseman Carl Neill to ATO - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - March 11 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Sign Forward Matt Hoover - Utah Grizzlies
- Walleye to Play Tonight with Restricted Attendance - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings and Wings Event Center Issue Statement Regarding Upcoming Events - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wolf Pack Add Two Forwards to Roster - Maine Mariners
- Mariners Celebrate Beacon's Birthday Saturday - Maine Mariners
- Worcester Railers HC Sign James Anderson and Michael Gillespie to ECHL Contracts - Worcester Railers HC
- Walleye Weekly: Playoff Tickets on Sale Today - Toledo Walleye
- Soderlund and McLaughlin Assigned to Indy - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.