Game Notes vs. Sacramento
A big win a night ago put the Aces six games back of the division with seven games remaining against the River Cats this season. Matt Koch with toe the rubber tonight as Reno will look to cut the deficit to five. The righty from Louisville enters the contest with a 4-7 record and 6.48 ERA over 17 appearances and 79.2 innings pitched. However, since July 6 he's been one of the league's best pitchers. He's been quality four times with a 3-2 record and 3.58 ERA in seven appearances. His .215 batting average against the best in the PCL during the span and his 1.12 WHIP is good for fourth. Sacramento will counter with Carlos Torres. The righty has pitched for four different Triple-A teams this season (El Paso, Toledo, Rochester, and Sacramento) compiling a 5-2 record and 2.63 ERA over 51.1 innings.
Stay after the game for the best fireworks show in town! | Presented By Saint Mary's and KRNV News 4
Kids Run the Bases
All kids in attendance are invited to stay after the game to run the bases and high-five Archie at home plate! | Presented By My Kid's Smile & KTVN 2 News
Faith and Family Night
Bring members of your church out to Greater Nevada Field for a fun summer Aces game. Enjoy a pregame concert as well as a Q & A with Reno Aces player about their faith on and off the field! Visit https://www.milb.com/reno/tickets/group-outings for more information.
Multi-Vargy: Ildemaro Vargas played in his 25th game of 2019 for Reno Thursday night. The switch-hitter has recorded a hit in 21 of 25 Triple-A games this season and had multiple hits in 14 games. Overall, he's batting .404 with the Aces with two home runs, 22 RBIs, 19 runs scored and getting on-base at a .456 mark.
T.G.I.F: Reno is hitting a combined .293 in 19 games played this season on Fridays. They have hit 27 home runs and recorded 120 RBIs. Their 130 runs scored are the most runs of any single day for of the week for the Aces except for Saturday (132). The Aces have the most runs (130), hits (201), and doubles (56) in the Pacific Coast League this season on Fridays.
Rubber Arm: Joey Krehbiel appeared in his 45th game last night for the Aces which leads the team. The righty led the club in 2018 with 48 appearances. This season, he's averaging a strikeout per inning with 58 over 58.0 innings pitched. Marc Rzepczynski is second on the squad with 41 games pitched. The most games an Aces pitcher has ever appeared in during one season is 56. Joe Paterson and Kevin Munson both did it in 2014, and Sam Demel accomplished the feat in 2012.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 16, 2019
- Express Throws Dodgers Off the Tracks - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Cruise to Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Strong Pitching Not Enough as Missions Doubled up by Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Woodford Gives up One Hit in 6.0 Innings to Lead 8-2 Redbirds Win - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cakes Make It Four in a Row - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Steamrolls Oklahoma City 13-3 on Hall of Fame Night - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Rally for Win in Front of Sellout Crowd - Nashville Sounds
- Chihuahuas Unveil GECU Bark at the Park Jerseys - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Game Notes vs. Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (54-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-70) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 16, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (56-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-56) - Memphis Redbirds
- Coming up Short Once Again - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators' Rally Falls Short in 9-6 Loss to Albuquerque - Las Vegas Aviators
- Tacoma rains on Grizzlies' homer parade - Fresno Grizzlies
- Late Aces rally dooms River Cats in series opener - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Open Road Trip in Win Column - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Brugman Drives Home Three Including Game-Winner as Tacoma Takes Homestand Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Westbrook's Clutch Gene Carries Aces to Victory - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Continue Dominance of Salt Lake - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Chihuahuas Take Game 1 - Salt Lake Bees
- Dodgers Kept in Station by Express - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.