Round Rock Steamrolls Oklahoma City 13-3 on Hall of Fame Night
ROUND ROCK, Texas - The Round Rock Express (74-48) soared past the Oklahoma City Dodgers (57-65) by a final score of 13-3 on Friday night at Dell Diamond. 2B Jack Mayfield sparked the huge victory with a trio of two-run homers.
Round Rock LHP Ryan Hartman (6-5, 5.24) earned the win after holding Oklahoma City to only two runs on five hits while fanning six in 6.0 innings of work. Dodgers RHP Logan Bawcom (1-2, 5.16) suffered the loss after surrendering six runs on eight hits and two walks in a 5.0-inning start.
Oklahoma City opened scoring one out into the game as DH Austin Barnes hit his sixth homer of the season.
However, Round Rock struck right back to take a comfortable 6-1 lead before Oklahoma City could respond. 3B Abraham Toro smoked a double moments before Mayfield put Round Rock on top with a two-run shot. The next at-bat, LF Kyle Tucker singled and stole second prior to advancing to third on a single off the bat of CF Drew Ferguson. Tucker then extended the first inning lead to 3-1 via a Chas McCormick sacrifice fly.
E-Train DH Alex De Goti went yard to kick off the second. 1B Taylor Jones continued the home run derby in the third, tacking on the third E-Train longball of the night, a two-run shot that cleared Dell Diamond's Home Run Porch and scored a Tucker leadoff single.
The Dodgers fired back in the fourth as a 1B Jedd Gyorko singled prior to racing to third on a DJ Peters double and home when RF Cameron Perkins grounded out to cut the deficit to 6-2.
The E-Train recorded an explosive seventh inning to seal the Dodgers defeat. Mayfield sparked scoring in the frame with a two-run homer, his second of the night. Tucker and Jones then worked back-to-back walks before McCormick singled to plate Tucker and push Jones to third. Dodgers LF Conner Joe committed a throwing error on the play that eventually allowed Jones to score and McCormick advance to third. Before the end of the frame, C Garrett Stubbs knocked in McCormick for the 11th run of the game.
After SS Myles Straw worked an eighth inning walk, Mayfield capped a career-best night with his third two-run shot. Dodgers C Jose Lobaton hit a two-out home run in the ninth to make it a 13-3 ballgame, but the visitor's deficit was far too much to overcome.
The Express aim to secure a series win in Saturday night's game three. Round Rock RHP Brandon Bielak (6-4, 5.40) is set to start opposite Oklahoma City RHP Daniel Corcino (8-5, 4.69). First pitch at Dell Diamond is scheduled for 6:05 p.m.
For more information on the Express, visit RRExpress.com or call (512) 255-2255. Keep up with the Express on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and join the conversation during our historic 20th season using #20STROng.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 16, 2019
- Express Throws Dodgers Off the Tracks - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Cruise to Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Strong Pitching Not Enough as Missions Doubled up by Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Woodford Gives up One Hit in 6.0 Innings to Lead 8-2 Redbirds Win - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cakes Make It Four in a Row - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Steamrolls Oklahoma City 13-3 on Hall of Fame Night - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Rally for Win in Front of Sellout Crowd - Nashville Sounds
- Chihuahuas Unveil GECU Bark at the Park Jerseys - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Game Notes vs. Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (54-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-70) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 16, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (56-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-56) - Memphis Redbirds
- Coming up Short Once Again - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators' Rally Falls Short in 9-6 Loss to Albuquerque - Las Vegas Aviators
- Tacoma rains on Grizzlies' homer parade - Fresno Grizzlies
- Late Aces rally dooms River Cats in series opener - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Open Road Trip in Win Column - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Brugman Drives Home Three Including Game-Winner as Tacoma Takes Homestand Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Westbrook's Clutch Gene Carries Aces to Victory - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Continue Dominance of Salt Lake - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Chihuahuas Take Game 1 - Salt Lake Bees
- Dodgers Kept in Station by Express - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Round Rock Express Stories
- River Cats Top Express 7-5 in Season-Ending Heartbreaker
- Houston Astros SS Carlos Correa Joins Round Rock Express for Major League Rehab Assignment on Friday Night
- River Cats Top Express 4-2 in PCL Championship Game Two
- River Cats Edge Express 8-7 in PCL Championship Opener
- Round Rock Express Set Roster and Starting Rotation for Pacific Coast League Championship Series