Game Notes: vs. Hartford
*** Part 1 - ASCII
ERIE SEAWOLVES (26-35, 6th PLACE WEST, 9.0 GB) VS. HARTFORD YARD GOATS (29-33, 4th PLACE EAST, 8.0 GB)
RHP KYLE FUNKHOUSER (1-3, 4.27 ERA) vs. LHP JACK WYNKOOP (2-5, 5.64 ERA)
TUESDAY, JUNE 12* 7:05 PM * BROADCAST: FOX SPORTS RADIO 1330 AM, SEAWOLVES.COM, MILB.TV
DUNKIN DONUTS PARK *GAME #62 *ROAD GAME #30 * NIGHT GAME #41
WEDNESDAY VS. HARTFORD YARD GOATS (COLORADO ROCKIES)- DUNKIN DONUTS PARK- 7:05 PM
RHP Beau Burrows (5-4, 3.17 ERA) vs. LHP Evan Grills (0-1, 9.64 ERA)
THURSDAY VS. HARTFORD YARD GOATS (COLORADO ROCKIES)- DUNKIN DONUTS PARK- 7:05 PM
RHP Anthony Castro (0-0, 4.00 ERA) vs. RHP Ryan Castellani (3-3, 5.01 ERA)
FRIDAY VS. TRENTON THUNDER (NEW YORK YANKEES)- ARM & HAMMER PARK- 7:00 PM
RHP Sandy Baez (0-5, 4.42 ERA) vs. TBD
SATURDAY VS. TRENTON THUNDER (NEW YORK YANKEES)- ARM & HAMMER PARK- 7:00 PM
RHP Spencer Turnbull (3-5, 4.29 ERA) vs. TBD
The SeaWolves hit the road to start a three game series at Dunkin Donuts Park with the Hartford Yard Goats (Colorado Rockies)...Erie has now won eight of their last ten and sit 5.5 games out of a wild card playoff spot...The SeaWolves wrapped up their third consecutive series victory with a 6-0 shutout of Reading at UPMC Park Sunday...Spencer Turnbull labored for a complete game shutout and struck out 11 while only allowing four hits...Jake Rogers nailed his fourth bomb of the season on a three run shot in the eighth inning...Erie is less than a week removed from sweeping Hartford in three games...The final game against the Goats at UPMC Park was the longest game of the season for Erie, stretching to 13 innings before it was ended on a two-run double from Jake Robson...The SeaWolves also walked off in game one of the series on a RBI-double from Josh Lester...Kyle Funkhouser returns to the mound tonight after having his best start of the season against the Hartford Yard Goats on June 6....The righty only surrendered a solo-shot HR to Nelson Molina and struck out nine across seven innings to earn his first AA win...Jack Wynkoop is making his second consecutive start against the SeaWolves....The lefty allowed four runs on nine hits through seven innings in a no-decision effort on June 5. Erie won in 10 innings 5-4.
-This is the fourth of six meetings between Erie and Hartford. Erie leads the series 3-0.
- The SeaWolves are fourth in the league with a 3.68 team ERA. Hartford is last with a 4.98 ERA.
- Erie catchers have combined to throw out 27 of 57 potential base stealers. Jake Rogers leads the league (18-for-35), throwing out potential base stealers 51% of the time.
- The SeaWolves have held a lead in 48 of 60 games played this season.
- The SeaWolves are sixth in the league with a .249 batting average. Hartford is third with a .255 ERA.
- The SeaWolves have hit 29 home runs which is the fewest in the league. Hartford is tied for 2nd at 61.
- Jacob Robson has reached base in 46 of the 51 games he has played.
- Erie batters have struck out 574 times this season which is the highest strikeout total in the league.
- Erie pitchers have struck out 526 hitters which is second in the league behind Trenton.
- The SeaWolves are 10-17 against the Western Division.
-Jake Robson leads the team with a .289 average and 31 runs. Him and Ficociello lead the team with 5 HR.
-The SeaWolves are 5-23 in games where the opponent scores first and 9-13 in one run games.
-The SeaWolves have played in the most extra-inning games at all levels of affiliated baseball with 12, tied with only the Class A Burlington Bees (LA Angels).
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 12, 2018
- Sens Slam Their Way to 8-3 Win - Reading Fightin Phils
- No-Hit Harris, Big Fly Bo Lead 'Cats to Win in Akron - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Launch Three Homers in 8-3 Defeat - Bowie Baysox
- Gushue Is Grand in 8-3 Win over Reading - Harrisburg Senators
- SeaWolves Blast Five Homers to Sink Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- RubberDucks Topped by New Hampshire 6-1 - Akron RubberDucks
- Richmond Walks It Off, 2-1 over Portland - Portland Sea Dogs
- Funkhouser Deals and the Bats Explode in Hartford - Erie SeaWolves
- Hey Arnold, Squirrels Catcher Smacks Walk-Off Winner - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Binghamton's Enthusiasm Curved by Altoona - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Amburgey, Zehner Lead Thunder Past Bowie - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 12th at Richmond - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Rumble Ponies (34-28) vs. Curve (29-28) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Reading - Game #62 - Harrisburg Senators
- Game Notes: vs. Hartford - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.