Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Reading - Game #62
The Harrisburg Senators and Reading Fightin Phils open up a three-game series at FirstEnergy Stadium. First pitch is scheduled for 7:15 p.m.
TONIGHT'S GAME The Senators travel to Reading, PA for a three-game series against the Fightin Phils in their first and only visit to FirstEnergy stadium this season. The Senators took three of four from Richmond over the weekend, including overcoming a five-run deficit both in the series opener and in the series finale. The Senators and Fightins split a four-game series the only other time they've met this season April 16 to April 19. The two clubs are scheduled to play nine game this season.
COMEBACK SEASON In the prior four-game series against Richmond, the Senators came back from five-run deficits twice, the largest deficit they've overcome to win a game this season. In addition, in the first 54 games of the season the Senators had not won a game when trailing entering the ninth. In the seven games since, the Senators have won twice when trailing after eight innings. The Senators have come back to win after trailing by three runs or more in four out of the past 10 games.
POWER SURGE Over his first 40 games of the season, Kelvin Gutierrez did not hit a home run and had a .340 slugging percentage. In the 12 games since, the 23-year-old has hit four home runs, with a .533 slugging percentage.
ROAD WARRIORS After taking three out of four from Richmond, the Senators have won five straight road series. The Senators have not lost a road series since they were swept by Trenton on May 3 to May 6.
EXTRA HELPING OF EXTRAS Game two of Saturday's doubleheader was the ninth extra inning game the Senators have played this season, the second most out of any Eastern League team. The Senators' six extra inning wins are the most in the league. .
AWESOME AUSTEN Austen Williams has allowed one run over his previous 19.1 innings of relief, with 27 strike outs and just six walks. Opposing batters are hitting just .171 against him over that stretch.
SCHEDULE UPDATE After the three-game series against Reading, the Senators next 23 games until the All-Star break are against the Western Division. The Senators are 20-11 vs. the West while 11-19 vs. the East. SENATORS STARTING PITCHER Kyle McGowin starts the series opener for the Senators. The right-hander is 3-2 with a 2.95 ERA across seven starts this season. McGowin allowed one run on three hits across seven innings in his last start against Binghamton on June 6. For more information on McGowin, please turn to page two of the game notes.
READING STARTING PITCHER The Fightins counter with starter Elniery Garcia. The left-hander is 0-5 with a 5.12 ERA across eight starts this season. The left-hander allowed four runs in five innings in his last start against Altoona on June 6.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 12, 2018
- Sens Slam Their Way to 8-3 Win - Reading Fightin Phils
- No-Hit Harris, Big Fly Bo Lead 'Cats to Win in Akron - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Launch Three Homers in 8-3 Defeat - Bowie Baysox
- Gushue Is Grand in 8-3 Win over Reading - Harrisburg Senators
- SeaWolves Blast Five Homers to Sink Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- RubberDucks Topped by New Hampshire 6-1 - Akron RubberDucks
- Richmond Walks It Off, 2-1 over Portland - Portland Sea Dogs
- Funkhouser Deals and the Bats Explode in Hartford - Erie SeaWolves
- Hey Arnold, Squirrels Catcher Smacks Walk-Off Winner - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Binghamton's Enthusiasm Curved by Altoona - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Amburgey, Zehner Lead Thunder Past Bowie - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 12th at Richmond - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Rumble Ponies (34-28) vs. Curve (29-28) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Reading - Game #62 - Harrisburg Senators
- Game Notes: vs. Hartford - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Home-Win Bound: Sens Close 2018 with Sweep
- Sharp Is Sterling as Sens Win Third Straight
- Senators Expel Squirrels 7-4 to Complete Suspended Game
- Senators Come Back to Ground Squirrels in Extras 4-3
- One If by Land, Eight If by Sea(Wolves): Erie Spoils Sens Home Finale 15-7