No-Hit Harris, Big Fly Bo Lead 'Cats to Win in Akron
AKRON, OH - Jon Harris delivered six no-hit innings and Bo Bichette homered to lead the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays) to a 6-1 in over the Akron RubberDucks (Indians) Tuesday night at Canal Park.
Bichette's fifth home run of the season broke a scoreless tie in the fourth. After Jon Berti was hit by a pitch, the 20-year-old launched a no-doubter beyond the left field wall to make it 2-0 New Hampshire.
The 'Cats added on with four in the fifth. A bases loaded triple from Berti scored three and Bichette followed with a sacrifice fly to put the Fisher Cats up 6-0.
Harris was electric in what was arguably his best outing of his Double-A career. The Fisher Cats starter went six no-hit innings and retired the final 17 batters in a row to improve to 4-3 on the year.
Akron tallied just one hit - a seventh inning double by Joe Sever - and plated a run after a groundout moved Sever to third and a wild pitch brought him home, but that would be all for the RubberDucks as the 'Cats triumphed 6-1.
One hit is a season-low for the Fisher Cats pitching staff, while Berti and Bichette paced the offense with three RBI apiece. Brayden Bouchey and Andrew Case each logged a scoreless inning of relief.
The series continues tomorrow night at Canal Park. RHP Jordan Romano (8-1, 2.81 ERA) gets the ball for New Hampshire as he seeks his tenth overall win of the season while RHP Aaron Civale (2-1, 2.23 ERA) will go for Akron. Coverage begins at 6:45 p.m. with the Fisher Cats Pregame Show and continues with first pitch at 7:05 p.m. on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 12, 2018
- Sens Slam Their Way to 8-3 Win - Reading Fightin Phils
- No-Hit Harris, Big Fly Bo Lead 'Cats to Win in Akron - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Launch Three Homers in 8-3 Defeat - Bowie Baysox
- Gushue Is Grand in 8-3 Win over Reading - Harrisburg Senators
- SeaWolves Blast Five Homers to Sink Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- RubberDucks Topped by New Hampshire 6-1 - Akron RubberDucks
- Richmond Walks It Off, 2-1 over Portland - Portland Sea Dogs
- Funkhouser Deals and the Bats Explode in Hartford - Erie SeaWolves
- Hey Arnold, Squirrels Catcher Smacks Walk-Off Winner - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Binghamton's Enthusiasm Curved by Altoona - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Amburgey, Zehner Lead Thunder Past Bowie - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 12th at Richmond - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Rumble Ponies (34-28) vs. Curve (29-28) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Reading - Game #62 - Harrisburg Senators
- Game Notes: vs. Hartford - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.