No-Hit Harris, Big Fly Bo Lead 'Cats to Win in Akron
AKRON, OH - Jon Harris delivered six no-hit innings and Bo Bichette homered to lead the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays) to a 6-1 in over the Akron RubberDucks (Indians) Tuesday night at Canal Park.
Bichette's fifth home run of the season broke a scoreless tie in the fourth. After Jon Berti was hit by a pitch, the 20-year-old launched a no-doubter beyond the left field wall to make it 2-0 New Hampshire.
The 'Cats added on with four in the fifth. A bases loaded triple from Berti scored three and Bichette followed with a sacrifice fly to put the Fisher Cats up 6-0.
Harris was electric in what was arguably his best outing of his Double-A career. The Fisher Cats starter went six no-hit innings and retired the final 17 batters in a row to improve to 4-3 on the year.
Akron tallied just one hit - a seventh inning double by Joe Sever - and plated a run after a groundout moved Sever to third and a wild pitch brought him home, but that would be all for the RubberDucks as the 'Cats triumphed 6-1.
One hit is a season-low for the Fisher Cats pitching staff, while Berti and Bichette paced the offense with three RBI apiece. Brayden Bouchey and Andrew Case each logged a scoreless inning of relief.
The series continues tomorrow night at Canal Park. RHP Jordan Romano (8-1, 2.81 ERA) gets the ball for New Hampshire as he seeks his tenth overall win of the season while RHP Aaron Civale (2-1, 2.23 ERA) will go for Akron. Coverage begins at 6:45 p.m. with the Fisher Cats Pregame Show and continues with first pitch at 7:05 p.m. on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 12, 2018
- Sens Slam Their Way to 8-3 Win - Reading Fightin Phils
- No-Hit Harris, Big Fly Bo Lead 'Cats to Win in Akron - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Launch Three Homers in 8-3 Defeat - Bowie Baysox
- Gushue Is Grand in 8-3 Win over Reading - Harrisburg Senators
- SeaWolves Blast Five Homers to Sink Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- RubberDucks Topped by New Hampshire 6-1 - Akron RubberDucks
- Richmond Walks It Off, 2-1 over Portland - Portland Sea Dogs
- Funkhouser Deals and the Bats Explode in Hartford - Erie SeaWolves
- Hey Arnold, Squirrels Catcher Smacks Walk-Off Winner - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Binghamton's Enthusiasm Curved by Altoona - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Amburgey, Zehner Lead Thunder Past Bowie - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 12th at Richmond - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Rumble Ponies (34-28) vs. Curve (29-28) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Reading - Game #62 - Harrisburg Senators
- Game Notes: vs. Hartford - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Hampshire Fisher Cats Stories
- Biggio's Second HR Walks It off for New Hampshire
- Hector Perez Strikes out Seven in 3-2 Loss to Altoona
- Heidt Has Three Hits But Fisher Cats Fall
- First-Place Fisher Cats Start Three-Game Homestand on Tuesday, Could Welcome 5 Millionth Fan on Thursday
- Mother Nature Prevents Completion of Sunday's 'Cats Game