Gailen Wins Batter of the Week
WICHITA, KS - The Wichita Wingnuts are proud to announce that left fielder Blake Gailen was named the American Association Batter of the Week.
A native of West Hills, CA, Gailen (pronounced GAY-lin) is 13 for his last 22 (.591) and has hit in five consecutive games. Gailen set two club records on July 25th at St. Paul, collecting five hits and driving in seven runs. In that same game, Gailen almost hit for the cycle, when he was thrown out trying to stretch a double into a triple in the top of the ninth in his final at bat.
On June 23rd, Gailen drove in five runs in one game against Shreveport. He has also contributed to the Wingnuts on the mound, pitching to a 4.87 ERA in 20.1 IP. Gailen earned a win at Lincoln on May 25th. He also leads the team with three pickoffs. Gailen hit .368 for the Anderson Joes in the South Coast League in 2007 as a true rookie and played under current Wingnuts' manager Kash Beauchamp.
Wichita continues their series tonight against Sioux City with a 7:05 p.m. start at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium. For tickets, call the Wingnuts' office at (316) 264-4625.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 28, 2008
- American Association recap-- July 28 - AA
- Wichita walks 15; X's win 8-5 - Sioux City Explorers
- Cats rally to down Sports 7-6 - Fort Worth Cats
- Explorers walk past Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saltdogs ace goes 6-0 in July - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Diablos blanked by 'Dogs - El Paso Diablos
- Pelican Offense Explodes in 9-3 Win - Pensacola Pelicans
- Pelicans Topple AirHogs, 9-3 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Romanczuk Brilliant in 2-0 Shutout of Canaries - St. Paul Saints
- Birds blanked at home - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Gardner named American Association Pitcher of the Week - Lincoln Saltdogs
- AirHogs Set Independent League Record - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Gailen, Gardner American Association Players Of The Week - AA
- Gailen Wins Batter of the Week - Wichita Wingnuts
- Mattison Signs With Los Angeles Dodgers - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- El Paso Blows Out Lincoln - Lincoln Saltdogs
- The Diablos destroy Lincoln 13-4 - El Paso Diablos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.