Wingnuts Celebrate Final Regular Season Series at Lawrence-Dumont
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Wingnuts wrap up the 2018 season and the 85th and final year of baseball at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium with three games this weekend against the Sioux City Explorers.
Game times for this weekend are as follows:
Saturday: 7:05 PM
Sunday: 1:05 PM
Monday: 2:00 PM
Wichita remains mathematically alive in the playoff chase, though the Wingnuts now sit 2.5 games behind Kansas City with only three games remaining. The Wingnuts will need to sweep Sioux City and have Kansas City lose all three games to Gary SouthShore in order to make the postseason.
The final Saturday night home game of the season concludes the Wingnuts Heritage Night series, as the club pays tribute to the Wichita Wranglers with speciality throwback uniforms. These uniforms will be available for purchase via auction throughout the night. Sunday represents the last Splashdown Sunday of the season, with water inflatables throughout the stadium for young fans to cool off (weather permitting). On Monday, fans can snag $1 ticket vouchers at Wichita-area QuikTrip locations as part of the final QuikTrip Dollar Day of the season. The Wingnuts will also celebrate Mel Hambelton Ford Fan Appreciation Day, with giveaways throughout the afternoon.
Don't miss this opportunity to catch the final games at one of the country's most historic baseball venues! For information on tickets, group outings, and party packages, call the Wingnuts main office at (316) 264-NUTS, or visit the Wingnuts official website at www.wichitawingnuts.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 1, 2018
- AirHogs Slip in Opener vs. Cleburne - Texas AirHogs
- Bernardino Shines, Goldeyes Top Saints 5-2 in Series Opener - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saints Fall out of First with 5-2 Loss to Goldeyes - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts Stay Alive, Double up Explorers - Wichita Wingnuts
- Railroaders Take Game 1 Behind Stellar Sanchez - Cleburne Railroaders
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Dogs and Saltdogs Suspended in Rosemont, Will Resume Sunday - Chicago Dogs
- RedHawks Win Series Opener against Canaries - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saltdogs Game Suspended, Doubleheader on Sunday - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Santiesteban's Two Blasts Push Gary to Fifth Straight Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Offensive Assault by Gary Leads to 9-1 T-Bones Loss - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wingnuts Celebrate Final Regular Season Series at Lawrence-Dumont - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wilson's Late Blast Lifts Dogs to Series Win over St. Paul - Chicago Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.