Fulcher Reassigned by Detroit, Boyle and Veleno Join Taxi Squad
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Saturday reassigned goaltender Kaden Fulcher to the Grand Rapids Griffins from their taxi squad and reassigned goaltender Kevin Boyle and center Joe Veleno to their taxi squad from the Griffins.
Fulcher, 22, has yet to play a game in his third professional season after being limited to two games during the 2019-20 campaign with the ECHL's Toledo Walleye due to injury. The netminder appeared in 30 games with the Walleye over his first two pro campaigns, posting a 15-9-6 record, a 3.17 GAA, a 0.894 save percentage and one shutout. Fulcher made his NHL debut in relief duty during the Red Wings' season finale on April 6, 2019 against Buffalo, making nine saves on 11 shots on goal.
Boyle, 28, shows a 5-2-1 record, a 2.84 GAA and a 0.886 save percentage in nine appearances with the Griffins this season. A member of the Anaheim Ducks organization the previous four seasons, he played 20 games for their AHL affiliate, the San Diego Gulls, in 2019-20, posting a 9-7-2 record, a 2.82 GAA and a 0.911 save percentage. In 126 career AHL games, Boyle owns a 67-40-11 record, a 2.72 GAA, a 0.913 save percentage and two shutouts. The 6-foot-1, 197-pound netminder posted a shutout in his first NHL start with Anaheim on Feb. 13, 2019, stopping all 35 shots he faced against the Vancouver Canucks. In five career NHL appearances, Boyle is 1-3-0 with a 2.17 GAA and a 0.928 save percentage.
Veleno, 21, posted 20 points (11-9-20) and 20 penalty minutes in 46 games for the SHL's Malmo Redhawks this season, ranking third on the club in goals and tying for fourth in points. Selected 30th overall by the Red Wings in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft, Veleno contributed 23 points (11-12-23) and 18 PIM in 54 games with Grand Rapids in 2019-20, his first pro season. He also helped Canada win a gold medal at the 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship after leading the team in average time on ice (19:13) and placing sixth with six points (1-5-6) in six games.
The Griffins will take aim at a weekend sweep of the Iowa Wild tonight at 7 at Van Andel Arena. Fans can watch the game on WXSP-TV or AHLTV, or tune in to ESPN 96.1 FM.
Images from this story
Grand Rapids Griffins goaltender Kaden Fulcher
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 17, 2021
- Penguins Beaten by Crunch, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stars Drop Final Game in San Jose 4-2 - Texas Stars
- Wild Beat Griffins 4-3 in Overtime - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wild Clip Griffins in Overtime 4-3 - Iowa Wild
- Crunch Defeat Penguins, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Fall in Shootout at Rockford - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Drop Third Straight to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Extend Win Streak to Six Games, Beat Amerks 6-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals Sign Solow to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stockton Stifled in Saddledome Finale - Stockton Heat
- Fulcher Reassigned by Detroit, Boyle and Veleno Join Taxi Squad - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears Win Fourth Straight, Double up Devils 6-3 - Hershey Bears
- Florida Panthers Announce Player Moves - Syracuse Crunch
- Appleby, Sound Tigers End Skid against Streaking Hartford - Bridgeport Islanders
- Winning Streak Ends in Shutout Loss - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Schnarr Scores Again in 6-3 Loss to Bears - Binghamton Devils
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign 2017 Sixth Round Pick Carson Meyer to a One-Year Entry Level Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Heat Battle Belleville in Regular Season Home Finale - Stockton Heat
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Heat, April 17th - Belleville Senators
- Game #25 Tucson at Henderson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Welcome Fans Back in Primetime at 8 p.m. against San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
- Sound Tigers Face Wolf Pack in Fourth Straight Tilt - Bridgeport Islanders
- Barracuda Dim Stars 5-3 - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Griffins Stories
- Griffins Release 2021-22 Schedule
- Griffins' "Lids at the Library" Bike Helmet Giveaways Return
- Griffins Alum Wins Another Stanley Cup
- Bob Kaser Selected for Induction into Grand Rapids Sports Hall of Fame
- Griffins to Hold First-Ever Youth Hockey Camp in Holland