Columbus Blue Jackets Sign 2017 Sixth Round Pick Carson Meyer to a One-Year Entry Level Contract
COLUMBUS, OHIO - The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed forward Carson Meyer to a one-year entry level contract for the 2021-22 season, club General Manager and Alternate Governor Jarmo Kekalainen announced today. Meyer was selected by the Blue Jackets in the sixth round, 179th overall, at the 2017 NHL Draft.
Meyer, 23, who is currently on an American Hockey League contract with the Cleveland Monsters, has recorded five goals and seven assists for 12 points with nine penalty minutes, a +10 plus/minus rating and 32 shots on goal in 13 games this season. He ranks second on the Monsters in goals (tied) and points and leads club rookies in goals (tied), assists (tied), points and shots. The 5-11, 181-pound forward has posted points in seven consecutive games since March 25 (3-4-7). He tallied two goals in his professional debut on February 22 at Rockford.
A native of Powell, Ohio, Meyer registered 42-47-89 and 114 penalty minutes in 137 career NCAA games at Miami University and the Ohio State University from 2016-20. Skating in his senior campaign with the Buckeyes in 2019-20, he set career highs in goals, points and plus/minus rating as he collected 17-14-31 with 26 penalty minutes and a +8 plus/minus rating in 35 appearances. He led the team in goals and ranked second in assists (tied) and points on the campaign.
Meyer played for the Ohio AAA Blue Jackets 14U, 16U and 18U teams from 2011-15. He also spent parts of two seasons with the Tri-City Storm of the United States Hockey League from 2014-16, recording 32-20-52 and 47 penalty minutes in 58 appearances.
The Blue Jackets return to action tonight when they visit the Dallas Stars. Puck drop from American Airlines Center is set for 8 p.m. ET. Live coverage on Bally Sports Ohio begins with the Blue Jackets Live pre-game show starting at 7:30 p.m. All Blue Jackets games televised on Bally Sports Ohio will also be streamed live via the Bally Sports app. The game may also be heard on the Eldorado Scioto Downs Blue Jackets Radio Network, including Sports Radio 97.1 FM in Columbus, and online at BlueJackets.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 17, 2021
- Penguins Beaten by Crunch, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stars Drop Final Game in San Jose 4-2 - Texas Stars
- Wild Beat Griffins 4-3 in Overtime - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wild Clip Griffins in Overtime 4-3 - Iowa Wild
- Crunch Defeat Penguins, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Fall in Shootout at Rockford - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Drop Third Straight to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Extend Win Streak to Six Games, Beat Amerks 6-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals Sign Solow to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stockton Stifled in Saddledome Finale - Stockton Heat
- Fulcher Reassigned by Detroit, Boyle and Veleno Join Taxi Squad - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears Win Fourth Straight, Double up Devils 6-3 - Hershey Bears
- Florida Panthers Announce Player Moves - Syracuse Crunch
- Appleby, Sound Tigers End Skid against Streaking Hartford - Bridgeport Islanders
- Winning Streak Ends in Shutout Loss - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Schnarr Scores Again in 6-3 Loss to Bears - Binghamton Devils
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign 2017 Sixth Round Pick Carson Meyer to a One-Year Entry Level Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Heat Battle Belleville in Regular Season Home Finale - Stockton Heat
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Heat, April 17th - Belleville Senators
- Game #25 Tucson at Henderson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Welcome Fans Back in Primetime at 8 p.m. against San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
- Sound Tigers Face Wolf Pack in Fourth Straight Tilt - Bridgeport Islanders
- Barracuda Dim Stars 5-3 - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Sign Forward Cole Cassels, Goaltender Jet Greaves, Defenseman Olivier Leblanc to AHL Contracts
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract for 2021-22 Season
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther to Two-Year Contract Through 2022-23
- Monsters Madness Dek Hockey Tournament Newest 'Grow the Game' Initiative
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule Presented by SeatGeek