Forward Mattias Ritola Rejoins Admirals from Lightning
TAMPA, Fla. - The Tampa Bay Lightning, NHL parent club of the Norfolk Admirals, have reassigned forward Mattias Ritola (REE-toh-lah) to the Admirals, Lightning Vice President and General Manager Steve Yzerman announced today.
Ritola, 6-foot, 192 pounds, has appeared in a NHL career-high 31 games this season with the Lightning, recording career-bests with four goals and eight points. He has also averaged 10:03 in ice time per game. Ritola recorded his first career multi-goal game March 14 at Toronto on his 24th birthday. He has played in nine games with the Admirals this season, recording two goals and 11 points with a plus-4 rating.
A native of Borlange, Sweden, Ritola is a veteran of 220 AHL games with Norfolk and the Grand Rapids Griffins. He has amassed 43 goals and 117 points during his AHL career. Ritola had his best season in 2009-10 when he tied for third on the Griffins with 42 points in 73 games, while ranking third on the team with six power-play goals and also recording an AHL career-high 178 shots. Ritola has played in eight career Calder Cup Playoff games, recording two assists.
Ritola was originally selected by the Red Wings in the fourth round, 103rd overall, at the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. He joined the Lightning after being claimed off waivers from Detroit on October 5, 2010.
The Admirals return to Scope tonight at 7:15 p.m. to battle the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in the final Admirals Value Night of the season, featuring Admirals Family Fun Packs and Student Rush Nights. Family Fun Packs, presented by SunTrust, include four discounted Red Level Tickets for just $48 plus four free hot dogs, four free popcorns and four free sodas. Fans get all of that for just $48 - that's a savings of $37!
Student Rush Nights provide $8 White Level Tickets (normally $12) for students with a valid current high school or college ID.
Family Fun Packs for tonight's game are only available at the Scope Box Office. Student Rush Night Tickets are available ONLY at the Scope Box Office after 2:00 p.m. on the day of the game.
Individual tickets for all regular season games start at just $12. Tickets are available now at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Season tickets for the 2011-12 season are now available! Low monthly payments available for a limited time only. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime for more details or to purchase your tickets!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2011
- Ads Stop Rampage, Punch Post-Season Ticket - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Suffer Season-High Seventh Straight Loss in Shootout - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Win Streak Comes to An End - Cleveland Monsters
- Manitoba Clinches 5-4 Shootout Win Over Rochester - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Can't Complete Comeback Against Penguins - Norfolk Admirals
- Rampage Earn Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Milwaukee - San Antonio Rampage
- Playoff Tickets Go on Sale Thursday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bulldogs Ice Heat with 4-1 Win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rockford Extends Win Streak to Five-Straight Contests - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Top Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Quick Goals Put Sound Tigers Past Pirates 2-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Whale Sign Goaltender Jason Missiaen to ATO - Connecticut Whale
- Predators Sign First Round Pick Austin Watson - Milwaukee Admirals
- Pirates Sign Scrymgeour - Portland Pirates
- Rowe Loaned to Greenville - Adirondack Phantoms
- B-Sens Host the 2011 Face off Against Cancer this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- B-Sens Release Anderson, Assign Three to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Adam Selected to the AHL All-Rookie Team - Portland Pirates
- 2010-11 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - Connecticut Whale
- Save $5 On Friday's Game - Cleveland Monsters
- Labatt's Celebrity Bartending Series Concludes Wed, April 6 at Dodester's - Syracuse Crunch
- Brendan Smith Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Top Toronto to Win Fourth Straight, 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Gustafsson Named to All-Rookie Team - Adirondack Phantoms
- Lack Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Manitoba Moose
- Dalpe Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Charlotte Checkers
- Rhett Rakhshani Named to 2010-11 AHL All-Rookie Team - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- 2010-11 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - AHL
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Donovan Agrees to Terms on Entry-Level Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks Sign Andrew Hotham to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Rochester Americans
- Forward Mattias Ritola Rejoins Admirals from Lightning - Norfolk Admirals
- Sound Tigers Ink Campanale and Barton to Amateur Contracts - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.