Pirates Sign Scrymgeour
Portland, ME - The Portland Pirates of the American Hockey League announced today that they have signed John Scrymgeour to a tryout agreement. The 24 year-old forward was playing for Reading in the ECHL where he earned 22 points on 10 goals and 12 assists in 55 games for the Royals. The 6-foot-1 Pickering, Ontario native is in his first professional season following a four-year career at Lake Superior State University in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.
The Pirates are back in action at the Civic Center tonight when the Bridgeport Sound Tigers visit Maine for the final time this season in a 6:30 p.m. faceoff. Get two Main Deck tickets for just $14 each - that's a savings of $4 off the day of game price - and receive a free Mystery Puck (a $10 value). The American Heart Association will be selling the Mystery Pucks for $10, with 100% of the proceeds going to the AHA. Each Mystery Puck is signed by a Pirates player, and you could win additional prizes such as a team autographed Pirates jersey. Purchase your tickets today by visiting portlandpirates.com or, if you prefer to order by phone, please call Todd Jamison at 207-828-4665 x 377.
After Wednesday's game, the Pirates will hit the road for three games beginning on Saturday, April 2nd at 7 p.m. when they take on the Manchester Monarchs. The next night (Sunday, April 3), Portland will be in Hartford, CT playing the Connecticut Whale in a 3 p.m. faceoff. Portland's three-game road trip will conclude in Worcester on Tuesday (April 5) for a 7 p.m. game. All Pirates road games can be heard live on News Talk 95.5 WLOB and on-line at portlandpirates.com beginning with the pre-game show at 6:45 p.m. in Manchester and Worcester, and 2:45 p.m. in Hartford.
Tickets for the game, as well as each of the remaining Pirates home games, are on sale now by calling 207-775-3458, visiting the Cumberland County Civic Center Box Office or on-line at ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2011
- Ads Stop Rampage, Punch Post-Season Ticket - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Suffer Season-High Seventh Straight Loss in Shootout - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Win Streak Comes to An End - Cleveland Monsters
- Manitoba Clinches 5-4 Shootout Win Over Rochester - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Can't Complete Comeback Against Penguins - Norfolk Admirals
- Rampage Earn Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Milwaukee - San Antonio Rampage
- Playoff Tickets Go on Sale Thursday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bulldogs Ice Heat with 4-1 Win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rockford Extends Win Streak to Five-Straight Contests - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Top Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Quick Goals Put Sound Tigers Past Pirates 2-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Whale Sign Goaltender Jason Missiaen to ATO - Connecticut Whale
- Predators Sign First Round Pick Austin Watson - Milwaukee Admirals
- Pirates Sign Scrymgeour - Portland Pirates
- Rowe Loaned to Greenville - Adirondack Phantoms
- B-Sens Host the 2011 Face off Against Cancer this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- B-Sens Release Anderson, Assign Three to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Adam Selected to the AHL All-Rookie Team - Portland Pirates
- 2010-11 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - Connecticut Whale
- Save $5 On Friday's Game - Cleveland Monsters
- Labatt's Celebrity Bartending Series Concludes Wed, April 6 at Dodester's - Syracuse Crunch
- Brendan Smith Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Top Toronto to Win Fourth Straight, 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Gustafsson Named to All-Rookie Team - Adirondack Phantoms
- Lack Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Manitoba Moose
- Dalpe Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Charlotte Checkers
- Rhett Rakhshani Named to 2010-11 AHL All-Rookie Team - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- 2010-11 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - AHL
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Donovan Agrees to Terms on Entry-Level Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks Sign Andrew Hotham to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Rochester Americans
- Forward Mattias Ritola Rejoins Admirals from Lightning - Norfolk Admirals
- Sound Tigers Ink Campanale and Barton to Amateur Contracts - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.