Amerks Sign Andrew Hotham to Amateur Tryout Agreement
(Rochester, NY)... The Rochester Americans announced today that the club has signed defenseman Andrew Hotham to an Amateur Tryout agreement. Hotham will meet the team later today for its American Hockey League matchup tonight with the Manitoba Moose. Faceoff is slated for 8:30 p.m. EST at the MTS Centre in downtown Winnipeg.
Hotham, the 24-year-old younger brother of former Amerk forward Scott Hotham, joins Rochester after completing a stellar four-year collegiate career at St. Mary's University (CIS). The fourth-year blueliner is coming off a banner year in 2010-11, scoring eight goals and assisting on 29 others to finish with a team-high 37 points as the nation's top scoring rearguard. It was the third straight season Hotham finished atop the defensive scoring list.
Selected as the Most Valuable Player at the 2010 CIS University Cup, the Barrie, Ontario, native was the quarterback of Saint Mary's power-play this year for the second-place Huskies, with seven of his eight goals coming with the man advantage. He finished with a plus-18 on-ice rating and his 29 assists led all Atlantic conference players. Hotham was also tagged as the CIS' Defenseman of the Year.
A first-team AUS all-star now in each of the past three seasons, the 6-foot-2, 185-pound defenseman earned First-Team All-Canadian status in 2009-10 and was named a Second Team All-Canadian in 2008-09. Hotham was named University Cup tournament MVP last March when the Huskies captured their first CIS title in school history. In four seasons of university hockey at St. Mary's, Hotham has racked up 148 career points (34+114) in 109 career regular season games played.
The Amerks and Manitoba Moose will square off tonight for the second time in as many nights as Rochester looks to avenge its 3-2 loss last night and avoid a two-game road sweep. The North Division will be carried live on Sports Radio 1280 WHTK and FM 107.3, Rochester's Sports Talk.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2011
- Ads Stop Rampage, Punch Post-Season Ticket - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Suffer Season-High Seventh Straight Loss in Shootout - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Win Streak Comes to An End - Cleveland Monsters
- Manitoba Clinches 5-4 Shootout Win Over Rochester - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Can't Complete Comeback Against Penguins - Norfolk Admirals
- Rampage Earn Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Milwaukee - San Antonio Rampage
- Playoff Tickets Go on Sale Thursday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bulldogs Ice Heat with 4-1 Win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rockford Extends Win Streak to Five-Straight Contests - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Top Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Quick Goals Put Sound Tigers Past Pirates 2-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Whale Sign Goaltender Jason Missiaen to ATO - Connecticut Whale
- Predators Sign First Round Pick Austin Watson - Milwaukee Admirals
- Pirates Sign Scrymgeour - Portland Pirates
- Rowe Loaned to Greenville - Adirondack Phantoms
- B-Sens Host the 2011 Face off Against Cancer this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- B-Sens Release Anderson, Assign Three to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Adam Selected to the AHL All-Rookie Team - Portland Pirates
- 2010-11 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - Connecticut Whale
- Save $5 On Friday's Game - Cleveland Monsters
- Labatt's Celebrity Bartending Series Concludes Wed, April 6 at Dodester's - Syracuse Crunch
- Brendan Smith Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Top Toronto to Win Fourth Straight, 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Gustafsson Named to All-Rookie Team - Adirondack Phantoms
- Lack Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Manitoba Moose
- Dalpe Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Charlotte Checkers
- Rhett Rakhshani Named to 2010-11 AHL All-Rookie Team - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- 2010-11 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - AHL
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Donovan Agrees to Terms on Entry-Level Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks Sign Andrew Hotham to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Rochester Americans
- Forward Mattias Ritola Rejoins Admirals from Lightning - Norfolk Admirals
- Sound Tigers Ink Campanale and Barton to Amateur Contracts - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Amerks Weekly
- Amerks Fall to Comets
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, October 19 at Utica Comets
- Amerks Gain Point in Shootout Loss to Monsters
- Amerks Announce Roster Moves