Bulldogs Ice Heat with 4-1 Win
Hamilton, ON - The Hamilton Bulldogs defeated the Abbotsford Heat 4-1 on Wednesday night at Copps Coliseum. Nigel Dawes scored a hat-trick and added an assist while Aaron Palushaj earned a goal and two assists.
The Bulldogs opened the game's scoring at 9:47 of the first frame. Dawes received the puck from Palushaj while skating down the left side. Dawes released a low shot that beat Abbotsford starting goaltender Matt Keetley on the left side.
Palushaj increased the 'Dogs lead to 2-0 at 4:27 of the second stanza. Mathieu Carle grabbed a loose puck before sending a pass to Palushaj, who was at the right faceoff dot. Palushaj released a shot that beat Keetley over the left pad.
The Heat made the game 2-1 at 13:07 of the middle frame. Josh Meyers backhanded a pass to Bryan Cameron from the left corner of the Bulldogs zone. Cameron faked a shot before dishing the puck to John Armstrong at the right side of the net. Armstrong tapped the pass past Hamilton starting goaltender Drew MacIntyre.
The Bulldogs regained a two-goal lead at 18:39 of the second period. Carle took a shot from the right point which was stopped by Keetley's right pad. The rebound bounced out to the slot, where Dawes grabbed it before firing a shot low and past Keetley for his second goal of the game.
Dawes completed the hat trick at 19:57 of the final frame with an empty net goal.
The Bulldogs will travel to Cleveland for a 7:30 p.m. matchup against the Lake Erie Monsters on Friday, April 1st before returning to Copps Coliseum for their final regular season home game of the 2010-2011 season against the Manitoba Moose at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 2nd. All regular season Hamilton Bulldogs broadcasts on AM 820 CHAM will begin with a pre-game show 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
Tickets for all Hamilton Bulldogs home games are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.com or through charge-by-phone at 905-527-7666. For more information on 'Dogs season tickets, flex packs, mini packs and group tickets call 905-529-8500 ext. 179 or visit www.hamiltonbulldogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2011
- Ads Stop Rampage, Punch Post-Season Ticket - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Suffer Season-High Seventh Straight Loss in Shootout - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Win Streak Comes to An End - Cleveland Monsters
- Manitoba Clinches 5-4 Shootout Win Over Rochester - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Can't Complete Comeback Against Penguins - Norfolk Admirals
- Rampage Earn Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Milwaukee - San Antonio Rampage
- Playoff Tickets Go on Sale Thursday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bulldogs Ice Heat with 4-1 Win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rockford Extends Win Streak to Five-Straight Contests - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Top Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Quick Goals Put Sound Tigers Past Pirates 2-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Whale Sign Goaltender Jason Missiaen to ATO - Connecticut Whale
- Predators Sign First Round Pick Austin Watson - Milwaukee Admirals
- Pirates Sign Scrymgeour - Portland Pirates
- Rowe Loaned to Greenville - Adirondack Phantoms
- B-Sens Host the 2011 Face off Against Cancer this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- B-Sens Release Anderson, Assign Three to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Adam Selected to the AHL All-Rookie Team - Portland Pirates
- 2010-11 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - Connecticut Whale
- Save $5 On Friday's Game - Cleveland Monsters
- Labatt's Celebrity Bartending Series Concludes Wed, April 6 at Dodester's - Syracuse Crunch
- Brendan Smith Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Top Toronto to Win Fourth Straight, 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Gustafsson Named to All-Rookie Team - Adirondack Phantoms
- Lack Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Manitoba Moose
- Dalpe Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Charlotte Checkers
- Rhett Rakhshani Named to 2010-11 AHL All-Rookie Team - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- 2010-11 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - AHL
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Donovan Agrees to Terms on Entry-Level Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks Sign Andrew Hotham to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Rochester Americans
- Forward Mattias Ritola Rejoins Admirals from Lightning - Norfolk Admirals
- Sound Tigers Ink Campanale and Barton to Amateur Contracts - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.