Fort Wayne vs. Lansing Cancelled by Rain
Fort Wayne, Ind. - The TinCaps and Lansing Lugnuts (Toronto Blue Jays affiliate) had the finale of their four-game series at Parkview Field cancelled by rain. The game was scheduled to start at 1:05 p.m., and the decision to call the game was officially made at 2:15 p.m.
The game will not be made up - Sunday's game was the final scheduled meeting between the TinCaps and Lugnuts during the first half of the regular season. The 'Caps won the opening game of the series on Thursday night, 9-0, and game two of the series on Friday, 3-2. The Lugnuts salvaged one game from the series with a 7-1 win on Saturday.
In April, Fort Wayne had a game at Bowling Green suspended by rain midway through, and a game at South Bend postponed by inclement weather. The TinCaps also had two games postponed by rain at Parkview Field. This is the second game the 'Caps have had cancelled this year. Fort Wayne also had a game cancelled at Wisconsin by rain on May 8.
Monday, May 20 vs. South Bend (7:05 p.m.)
- TinCaps Probable Starter: LHP Ryan Weathers
- Cubs Probable Starter: RHP Derek Casey
Watch: Comcast Network 81 & MiLB.TV
Listen: ESPN Radio 1380 & 100.9 FM | TinCapsRadio.com | TuneIn
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 19, 2019
- Bees Score Pair of Walk-off Wins - Burlington Bees
- Olmeda's Walkoff Homer Give Bees a Twinbill Sweep of Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels Homestand Preview: May 20-27 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Weber Launches Snappers to 15-7 Win over the Cougars - Beloit Snappers
- Skyler Weber Crushes Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Bandits Win Wild Series Finale in Peoria 11-9 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Whalen Knocks in Career-High Six, Chiefs Fall Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Hot Rods Fall 8-7 in 10-Inning Series Finale - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Falter Late in Loons Rally - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cubs Cruise Their Way to 8-4 Series Finale Win over Dayton - South Bend Cubs
- Biggest Comeback of Year Ends Skid - Clinton LumberKings
- Freeman's Walk-Off Single in 10th Secures Split of Four-Game Series - Lake County Captains
- Clinton Rallies to Avoid Sweep - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Down, But Never Out - Great Lakes Loons
- Bees Take Game One From Rattlers in Extra Innings - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 4-Run 1st Inning Keys Cubs 8-4 Win over Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Fort Wayne vs. Lansing Cancelled by Rain - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts and TinCaps Canceled by Rain - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Sunday - Dayton Dragons
- Starter Watson Added, to Start Today - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 19 vs. Lansing (Game 41) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne TinCaps Stories
- Former TinCaps Back on the Field
- Fort Wayne TinCaps Lose 2020 Baseball Season
- TinCaps Offering Meal Kits for Both Families and Couples
- Parkview Foundation Accepting Donations Toward TinCaps Meal Kits for Healthcare Workers
- 2-Person Meal Kits Now Offered by TinCaps