Weber Launches Snappers to 15-7 Win over the Cougars
BELOIT, WI - On a warm sunny day, Skyler Weber was red hot smashing 2 home runs on a 4-5 day to propel the Snappers to a 15-7 victory and a series split against the Kane County Cougars. The game totaled 22 runs, 29 hits, and 7 home runs between the two clubs in an offensive showcase at Pohlman Field Sunday afternoon.
After an early run for Kane County, the Beloit Snappers took over putting a six spot on the board, including back-to-back home runs from Marcos Brito and Skyler Weber.
In that second inning, Logan Farrar would lead off with a single and the Beloit Snappers would hit those aforementioned back-to-back home runs to take a 3-1 lead.
Now with one out in the inning, Cooper Goldby would start it back up with a double to be knocked in later by Devin Foyle. However, the Snappers were not done there getting singles from Cobie Vance and John Jones to take the 6-1 lead after 2 complete.
The slugfest would continue into the third with both teams plating two runs in the inning. After a Brito walk, Weber would pick up his second hit of the day, this time of the RBI double variety.
Then, Kane County would walk two more guys and a sacrifice fly from Joseph Pena would knock in Weber to make the score 8-3 after the third.
The Snappers would then blow the game wide open in the fourth inning, as Beloit put another crooked number on the scoreboard, this time scoring 5 runs.
Jones would start the inning with a bang homering off the sign in right centerfield to get everything going. Then, after a walk each to Farrar and Brito, Weber and Max Schuemann would both hit RBI singles to plate the first three runs of the inning.
Shortly after, Jospeh Pena crushed a sacrifice fly to drive in Weber and Foyle singled up the middle to plate Schuemann completing the five run inning and giving the Snappers the 13-3 lead after four complete.
The offense would not stop there, as Kane County would get another two runs in the sixth and one in the eighth inning, but Beloit would get two more in the eighth to finish the day out with 15 runs.
In the eighth for Beloit, Weber would step up to the plate, just a triple shy of the cycle. However, instead of the triple, Weber would launch another homer to complete the two-homer day. Weber would finish up the ballgame going 4-5 with 2 HR, 4 RBI, 4 Runs, and a double to lead Beloit offensively and to the 15-7 win.
The Snappers will be back in action tomorrow in a little doubleheader action against the Clinton Lumberkings. First pitch tomorrow will be at 5:00 P.M. CT with the second game to follow shortly after. Reid Birlingmair is slated to get the start in Game 1 and Mike Murray is scheduled to start in Game 2.
The Beloit Snappers are a member of the Midwest League and have been the Single-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics since 2013. For more ticket information, contact the Snappers office at (608) 362-2272 or visit our website, www.snappersbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 19, 2019
- Bees Score Pair of Walk-off Wins - Burlington Bees
- Olmeda's Walkoff Homer Give Bees a Twinbill Sweep of Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels Homestand Preview: May 20-27 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Weber Launches Snappers to 15-7 Win over the Cougars - Beloit Snappers
- Skyler Weber Crushes Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Bandits Win Wild Series Finale in Peoria 11-9 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Whalen Knocks in Career-High Six, Chiefs Fall Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Hot Rods Fall 8-7 in 10-Inning Series Finale - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Falter Late in Loons Rally - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cubs Cruise Their Way to 8-4 Series Finale Win over Dayton - South Bend Cubs
- Biggest Comeback of Year Ends Skid - Clinton LumberKings
- Freeman's Walk-Off Single in 10th Secures Split of Four-Game Series - Lake County Captains
- Clinton Rallies to Avoid Sweep - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Down, But Never Out - Great Lakes Loons
- Bees Take Game One From Rattlers in Extra Innings - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 4-Run 1st Inning Keys Cubs 8-4 Win over Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Fort Wayne vs. Lansing Cancelled by Rain - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts and TinCaps Canceled by Rain - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Sunday - Dayton Dragons
- Starter Watson Added, to Start Today - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 19 vs. Lansing (Game 41) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Beloit Snappers Stories
- Familiar Faces to Lead Snappers 2020 Field Staff
- Plan for Downtown Beloit Stadium Development Announced Along with New Ownership
- Future Stars, Baseball, and New Promotions Highlight Snappers Fun-Filled 2019 Season
- Snappers Drop Final Game Of 2019 Season
- 4-Run Third Inning Cost Snappers in 5-1 Loss