Bees Score Pair of Walk-off Wins
What's better than a walk off win in extra innings? How about walk off wins in both games of a double header. Catcher Harrison Wenson's RBI single in the bottom of the eighth of the first game gave Burlington a 7-6 win against Wisconsin. Catcher Alexis Olmeda's home run to right on a 1-2 count in the seventh won the second game 4-3 for the Bees.
Burlington took three of four from the Timber Rattlers, and continues to find themselves solidly in second place in the division.
Jordyn Adams was the placed runner at second in the bottom of the eight in the first game. He was erased on a fielder's choice by Nonie Williams. Williams moved to second base on Spencer Griffin's infield single. Wenson drove him home. It was Wenson's twelfth RBI on just nine hits. Spencer Griffin was two for four with an RBI and is nine for his last 20 at bats.
Both teams scored three runs in the third inning, then three runs in the fourth. That is the way it stayed until Wenson ended it.
In game two Burlington spotted Wisconsin three runs in the top of the first inning, scored three of their own on a D. C. Arendas home run in the fourth. Kevin Maitan singled. Two outs later Griffin walked. Arendas followed with his blast, and Olmeda ended it in the seventh.
Connor Higgins took the win in relief in the first tilt. It was his third win against two losses. Game two went to Ben Morrison, who is now 2-0 on the year. He has two saves.
Images from this story
Alexis Olmeda of the Burlington Bees
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 19, 2019
- Bees Score Pair of Walk-off Wins - Burlington Bees
- Olmeda's Walkoff Homer Give Bees a Twinbill Sweep of Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels Homestand Preview: May 20-27 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Weber Launches Snappers to 15-7 Win over the Cougars - Beloit Snappers
- Skyler Weber Crushes Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Bandits Win Wild Series Finale in Peoria 11-9 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Whalen Knocks in Career-High Six, Chiefs Fall Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Hot Rods Fall 8-7 in 10-Inning Series Finale - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Falter Late in Loons Rally - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cubs Cruise Their Way to 8-4 Series Finale Win over Dayton - South Bend Cubs
- Biggest Comeback of Year Ends Skid - Clinton LumberKings
- Freeman's Walk-Off Single in 10th Secures Split of Four-Game Series - Lake County Captains
- Clinton Rallies to Avoid Sweep - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Down, But Never Out - Great Lakes Loons
- Bees Take Game One From Rattlers in Extra Innings - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 4-Run 1st Inning Keys Cubs 8-4 Win over Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Fort Wayne vs. Lansing Cancelled by Rain - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts and TinCaps Canceled by Rain - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Sunday - Dayton Dragons
- Starter Watson Added, to Start Today - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 19 vs. Lansing (Game 41) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.