Filia Tallies First Three-Hit Game in Rainiers Defeat at Fresno
Fresno, CA - Eric Filia had three hits, including a two-run double, but Tacoma couldn't come away with a victory over Fresno, dropping their sixth game in-a-row on Monday at Chukchansi Park, 9-3.
With this loss, Tacoma drops to 58-74. The victory for Fresno brings their record to 59-74. Joan Baez (1-2) earned the win for the Grizzlies. Dan Altavilla (2-1) took the loss for the Rainiers.
The Rainiers got the scoring started first, beginning in the second on Jaycob Brugman's leadoff home run off Ben Braymer, his team-leading 21st of the campaign.
Rainiers pitchers didn't allow a run before their offense got back to work the next inning. Tacoma pushed two runs across on a two-run double from of Filia that brought home Kelby Tomlinson and Major League rehabber Braden Bishop.
The Rainiers lost that lead as the Grizzlies scored nine runs over the remaining six innings to pick up the victory.
Anthony Misiewicz made the start for the Rainiers and went five innings, giving up two runs, both unearned, on six hits, with one walk and five strikeouts.
Dan Altavilla recorded two outs and gave up four runs in the sixth inning, taking the loss and falling to 2-1. Right-hander Brian Ellington gave up the final three runs before Darin Gillies pitched 1 1/3 scoreless frames.
As a collective, Tacoma pushed across their three runs on seven hits, three of which went for extra bases, including one home run. The Rainiers also drew four free passes from Fresno pitchers.
The Rainiers and Grizzlies will continue their four-game series on Tuesday at 7:05 p.m. Mike Curto will have full coverage on South Sound Talk 850 with audio streaming available on the Tacoma Rainiers TuneIn Radio Network as lefty Sean Nolin (5-3) takes the hill for the Rainiers.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2019 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found on WeRTacoma.com, or by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), on Instagram (@tacomarainiers) and by liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
Eric Filia of the Tacoma Rainiers
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 27, 2019
- Omaha Mashes Nashville 8-5 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Holds on to Shade San Antonio - San Antonio Missions
- Garlick Homers Twice in 5-2 Dodgers Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Drop Second Straight to Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Oklahoma City Profits in Home Run Derby - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Split Doubleheader against Baby Cakes - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cakes Split Doubleheader with Memphis - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Hilliard, Garcia Promoted to Rockies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-70) at Omaha Storm Chasers (56-76) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 27, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Las Vegas's Riordan Named Manager of the Year - Las Vegas Aviators
- Las Vegas's Riordan Wins 2019 Manager of the Year Award - PCL
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (65-67) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (69-61) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Memorabilia Available for Auction Friday Via Clubhouse Collectibles - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nacho Average Tuesday: Free BBQ Nachos for Fans at Triple-A National Championship Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Little League Champs to Throw First Pitch at 'Cakes Finale Thursday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Begin Final Homestand of the 2019 Season on Friday - Nashville Sounds
- Looking to Hit the Re-Set Button - San Antonio Missions
- Ward, Difo guide Grizzlies past Rainiers 9-3 - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats miss chance to clinch division in 9-5 loss - Sacramento River Cats
- Filia Tallies First Three-Hit Game in Rainiers Defeat at Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Reno Keeps Playoff Hopes Alive with Big Win in Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Dodge Shutout, Not Loss - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Iowa Wins Weather-Shortened Game, 7-2 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Chihuahuas Defeated by Bees - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Brugman Homers One Last Time, Rainiers Fall to Las Vegas in Season Finale
- Nolin Strikes out 11, Rainiers Drop Sunday Night Match-Up against Aviators
- Misiewicz Dominant to Propel Rainiers to Second-Straight Win in Las Vegas
- Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers
- Brugman Plates Four, Rainiers Drop Series Finale to Fresno