Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-70) at Omaha Storm Chasers (56-76)
Game #132: Nashville Sounds (61-70) at Omaha Storm Chasers (56-76)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Tim Dillard (8-8, 4.61) vs. LHP Foster Griffin (7-5, 5.35)
First Pitch: 7:05 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
Tim Dillard: 36-year-old Tim Dillard starts for the Sounds tonight. The right-hander is 8-8 with a 4.61 ERA in 31 games (19 starts) in 2019. Dillard's 4.61 ERA is the seventh-lowest in the Pacific Coast League and the 140.2 innings he has thrown is second-most. His last time out was on August 21 in a start against Oklahoma City. He recorded his ninth quality start of the year in Nashville's 7-2 win. Dillard allowed 2 runs on 7 hits and 2 walks in 7.0 innings. Dillard is the Nashville Sounds all-time leader in innings pitched (697.1), wins (47), strikeouts (423), runs allowed (387), home runs allowed (61), walks (232) and games (240). In his career, Dillard has pitched in 73 big league games and 509 minor league games. He signed a minor-league free agent contract with the Texas Rangers on December 21, 2018.
Happy Birthday, Patrick Wisdom: On this date 28 years ago, Patrick Wisdom was born in Murrieta, California. In six career games on his birthday, Wisdom is hitting .444 (8-for-18) with 2 runs, 1 double, 1 home run, 1 RBI, 1 walk and 3 strikeouts. Wisdom played against Nashville on August 27, 2016 and went 2-for-4 with a solo homer off Dillon Overton in Memphis' 2-1 loss at AutoZone Park.
Ibáñez Gets to 30 Doubles: Infielder Andy Ibáñez recorded his 30th double of the season last night - far and away his career-high. The 30 doubles for Ibáñez is tied for 10th-most in the Pacific Coast League. Over the last 10 years, including 2019, Ibáñez is the 7th Sounds player to notch at least 30 doubles. The list includes: Joey Wendle - 42 in 2015, Taylor Green - 36 in 2011, Matt Olson - 34 in 2016, Ryan Roberts - 33 in 3015, Anthony Garcia - 31 in 2018, Joey Wendle - 31 in 2016. He needs 5 more doubles to crack Nashville's all-time single-season Top-10 list.
Trouble in Omaha: Through five of eight games the Sounds have played this year in Omaha, they have zero wins. In the five games, Nashville has been outscored 36-10 at Werner Park. Since the Sounds began playing games in Omaha in 1998, they have never not won at least one game each year.
What's the word around Nashville?
David Carpenter (@DCarpenter29)
I'm honored by this award but I wouldn't have done it without the great group of guys we had in Nashville this year. I'm so thankful that I got to call all of them teammates and friends! #SendIt
Greg Scallan (@gregscallan)
I got the chance to sit down with Ronald Guzman recently. Read the article to see what he's been working on that has his hitting back on track. #power theprospecttimes.com/sit-down-inter...
Nashville Sounds, @Rangers Triple-A club, changing park name: on.nbcdfw.com/m91p6XN
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 27, 2019
- Omaha Mashes Nashville 8-5 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Holds on to Shade San Antonio - San Antonio Missions
- Garlick Homers Twice in 5-2 Dodgers Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Drop Second Straight to Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Oklahoma City Profits in Home Run Derby - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Split Doubleheader against Baby Cakes - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cakes Split Doubleheader with Memphis - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Hilliard, Garcia Promoted to Rockies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-70) at Omaha Storm Chasers (56-76) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 27, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Las Vegas's Riordan Named Manager of the Year - Las Vegas Aviators
- Las Vegas's Riordan Wins 2019 Manager of the Year Award - PCL
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (65-67) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (69-61) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Memorabilia Available for Auction Friday Via Clubhouse Collectibles - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nacho Average Tuesday: Free BBQ Nachos for Fans at Triple-A National Championship Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Little League Champs to Throw First Pitch at 'Cakes Finale Thursday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Begin Final Homestand of the 2019 Season on Friday - Nashville Sounds
- Looking to Hit the Re-Set Button - San Antonio Missions
- Ward, Difo guide Grizzlies past Rainiers 9-3 - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats miss chance to clinch division in 9-5 loss - Sacramento River Cats
- Filia Tallies First Three-Hit Game in Rainiers Defeat at Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Reno Keeps Playoff Hopes Alive with Big Win in Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Dodge Shutout, Not Loss - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Iowa Wins Weather-Shortened Game, 7-2 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Chihuahuas Defeated by Bees - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds Announce Virtual 5K Run Presented by First Horizon
- Nashville Sounds to Open First Horizon Park for Private Batting Practice Groups
- Nashville Sounds Issue Statement on 2020 Alternate Season at First Horizon Park
- 2020 Nashville Sounds and Minor League Baseball Season Cancelled
- Nashville Sounds Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign