Garlick Homers Twice in 5-2 Dodgers Win
Oklahoma City - Kyle Garlick hit two of the Oklahoma City Dodgers' four home runs in a 5-2 win against the Iowa Cubs Tuesday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
All seven runs scored in the game came via home runs as the Dodgers evened their four-game series with Iowa, 1-1.
The Dodgers (60-73) quickly jumped into the lead as they snapped a seven-game losing skid.
With two outs in the first inning, Edwin RÃ-os hit a fly ball into the Dodgers' bullpen in left-center field to put Oklahoma City in front with his solo homer, 1-0. The homer was his team-leading 28th of the season.
RÃ-os led off the bottom of the fourth inning with his second hit of the night, connecting on a single before Garlick followed and homered out to left field. The two-run shot landed beyond the Dodgers' bullpen to put the Dodgers in front, 3-0.
Gavin Lux led off the bottom of the fifth inning with a solo homer that landed at the back edge of the lawn past the Iowa bullpen in right field for his 13th homer of the season and the Dodgers' third homer of the night.
Later in the inning, Garlick homered in a second straight inning when he hit a solo shot out to center field to extend Oklahoma City's lead to 5-0. The home run was Garlick's 22nd of the season and gave him his fourth multi-homer game with Oklahoma City in 2019.
Meanwhile, Dodgers starting pitcher Logan Bawcom allowed two hits through six innings. Iowa's Robel Garcia then led off the seventh inning with a single. After one out was made and an OKC pitching change brought Victor Gonzalez into the game, P.J. Higgins hit a two-run homer out to left field to cut the Dodgers' lead to 5-2.
Bawcom (2-3) was credited with the win, allowing one run and three hits over 6.1 innings with three walks and five strikeouts.
Kevin Quackenbush closed out the game on the mound for the Dodgers, allowing one hit in a scoreless ninth inning, to earn his 11th save of the season with OKC.
Iowa starting pitcher Matt Swarmer (9-11) was charged with the loss, allowing all five Oklahoma City runs and nine hits, including four homers, over 6.0 innings. He issued one walk and recorded five strikeouts as the Cubs' record fell to 71-63.
The Dodgers outhit the Cubs, 10-6, Tuesday.
The teams continue their series at 7:05 p.m. Wednesday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Tickets are available through the OKC Dodgers ticket office located on South Mickey Mantle Drive, by phone at (405) 218-2182, or by visiting okcdodgers.com.
Live radio coverage of each game begins 15 minutes before first pitch on AM 1340 "The Game," 1340thegame.com and through the free iHeartRadio or MiLB First Pitch apps.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 27, 2019
- Omaha Mashes Nashville 8-5 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Holds on to Shade San Antonio - San Antonio Missions
- Garlick Homers Twice in 5-2 Dodgers Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Drop Second Straight to Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Oklahoma City Profits in Home Run Derby - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Split Doubleheader against Baby Cakes - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cakes Split Doubleheader with Memphis - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Hilliard, Garcia Promoted to Rockies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-70) at Omaha Storm Chasers (56-76) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 27, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Las Vegas's Riordan Named Manager of the Year - Las Vegas Aviators
- Las Vegas's Riordan Wins 2019 Manager of the Year Award - PCL
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (65-67) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (69-61) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Memorabilia Available for Auction Friday Via Clubhouse Collectibles - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nacho Average Tuesday: Free BBQ Nachos for Fans at Triple-A National Championship Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Little League Champs to Throw First Pitch at 'Cakes Finale Thursday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Begin Final Homestand of the 2019 Season on Friday - Nashville Sounds
- Looking to Hit the Re-Set Button - San Antonio Missions
- Ward, Difo guide Grizzlies past Rainiers 9-3 - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats miss chance to clinch division in 9-5 loss - Sacramento River Cats
- Filia Tallies First Three-Hit Game in Rainiers Defeat at Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Reno Keeps Playoff Hopes Alive with Big Win in Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Dodge Shutout, Not Loss - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Iowa Wins Weather-Shortened Game, 7-2 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Chihuahuas Defeated by Bees - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- Lifeshare Winterfest and Snow Tubing Canceled
- Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark Named Winner Of Ballpark Digest's Best Of The Ballparks Competition
- OKC Dodgers Announce Details Regarding the Cancellation of the 2020 Baseball Sesaon
- Registration Open for OKC Dodgers Rookie League Fall Season
- Statement from the Oklahoma City Dodgers