Erie SeaWolves at Altoona Curve - Game Notes
ERIE SEAWOLVES (6-11, 6th PLACE WEST, 5.5 GB) VS. ALTOONA CURVE (9-7, 3rd PLACE WEST, 2.0 GB)
RHP SANDY BAEZ (0-1, 3.68 ERA) VS. RHP DARIO AGRAZAL (1-0, 1.00 ERA)
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25 * 10:30 AM * BROADCAST: FOX SPORTS RADIO 1330 AM, SEAWOLVES.COM, MILB.TV
PEOPLE'S NATURAL GAS FIELD * GAME #18 * ROAD GAME #12 * DAY GAME #7
Today, the SeaWolves look for their first win against a Western Division opponent as they take on the Altoona Curve (Pittsburgh Pirates) in the final game of an abbreviated series at People's Natural Gas Field. Monday night, the Curve dealt the SeaWolves their first shutout loss of the season as they took the series opener 7-0. Erie was limited to just four singles in the game which was their fewest amount of hits in a contest this season...Erie is winless in three games against the Curve...Righty Sandy Baez takes the mound for the SeaWolves making his fourth start of the season and first against the Curve. Baez took a loss in his last start against Trenton on April 19. In the game, he allowed three runs on five hits with two walks and five strikeouts in five innings of work. Erie lost the game 4-2 and dropped to 1-2 in Baez starts...Righty Dario Agrazal takes the mound for Altoona making his fourth start of the season and second against the SeaWolves. Agrazal beat the SeaWolves on April 13 at UPMC Park allowing two runs on six hits with a walk and two strikeouts in five innings of work. Agrazal took a no-decision in his most recent start against Akron on April 19. In the game, he tossed seven shutout innings, allowing just four hits with a walk and three strikeouts. The only two runs allowed by Agrazal in 18.0 IP have come off of the SeaWolves.
FRIDAY VS. BINGHAMTON RUMBLE PONIES (NEW YORK METS) - UPMC PARK - 6:05 P.M.
RHP Spencer Turnbull (0-2, 5.54 ERA) vs RHP Mickey Jannis (1-0, 3.60 ERA)
SATURDAY VS. BINGHAMTON RUMBLE PONIES (NEW YORK METS) - UPMC PARK - 6:05 P.M.
RHP Kyle Funkhouser (0-1, 4.38 ERA) vs. TBD
SUNDAY VS. BINGHAMTON RUMBLE PONIES (NEW YORK METS) - UPMC PARK - 1:35 P.M.
LHP Tyler Alexander (2-0, 2.30 ERA) vs. RHP Joseph Shaw (0-2, 5.87 ERA)
MONDAY VS. BOWIE BAYSOX (BALTIMORE ORIOLES) - UPMC PARK - 6:05 P.M.
RHP Beau Burrows (1-2, 3.95 ERA) vs. TBD
- Altoona leads the season series over Erie 3-0. The SeaWolves and Curve meet 20 times in 2018.
- The SeaWolves are eighth in the league with a 3.48 team ERA. Altoona is second in the league with a 2.81 team ERA.
- Erie catchers have combined to throw out 11 of 20 potential base stealers.
- The SeaWolves rank third in the league with a .250 team batting average. Altoona is fourth in the league with a .247 team batting average.
- Erie has stolen 16 bases which is fifth-most in the league.
- The SeaWolves streak of holding a lead in games was snapped at 16 last night.
- Erie is 5-1 in games where the team collected 10 or more hits.
- The SeaWolves have hit three home runs on the season which is the fewest hit in the league.
- Jake Robson has reached base in 15 of the 16 games he has played.
- Erie batters have struck out 176 times this season which is the highest strikeout total in the league.
- Erie pitchers have struck out 155 hitters which is fourth-most in the league.
- Eight of the 11 Erie losses have been by three runs or fewer.
- Including last night, the SeaWolves have gone 6-16 at PNG Field since the start of the 2016 season.
- Kenny Wilson is fourth in the league with a .424 on-base percentage. Wilson is also tied for the league lead in triples (3).
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 25, 2018
- Bats Erupt Before Roadtrip - Reading Fightin Phils
- Reading Bats too Much for RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Fisher Cats Fall Despite Another Impressive Night for Vlad Jr. - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Ponies Walk to Victory, 5-4 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Hartford Takes Rain-Shortened Contest, 3-0 in 6 Innings - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rain Not a Damper as Goats Storm to Shortened Sixth Straight Win - Hartford Yard Goats
- Curve Fall in Extras to SeaWolves - Altoona Curve
- Senators Homestand Preview - Harrisburg Senators
- Baysox Sink Squirrels; Sweep Two-Game Set - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- 'Wolves Battle Back, Take Down Curve in Extras - Erie SeaWolves
- Akin Dominant as Baysox Top Richmond, 3-2 - Bowie Baysox
- Thunder Offense Stalls in Loss to Harrisburg - Trenton Thunder
- Senators Stop Skid with 4-2 Win in Series Finale - Harrisburg Senators
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Rumble Ponies (7-9) vs. Fisher Cats (12-5) - 6:35 Pm - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes April 25th at Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- MiLB.tv: A Service We Like but Want to Love - OSC Original by Paul Reeths
- Erie SeaWolves at Altoona Curve - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Trenton - Game #18 - Harrisburg Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.