Curve Fall in Extras to SeaWolves
CURVE, Pa. - In the first extra-inning game at Peoples Natural Gas Field under Minor League Baseball's new pace of play rules, the Altoona Curve fell in ten innings, 9-6, to the Erie SeaWolves on Wednesday.
The Curve (9-8) and SeaWolves (7-11) split the rain-shortened, two-game series in Altoona heading into Thursday's league-wide off day.
Erie cracked three homers against Altoona relievers from the eighth inning beyond. Gabriel Quintana and Josh Lester went back-to-back off two different Curve relievers in the eighth and Domicic Ficociello launched a two-run homer in the tenth.
Logan Hill swatted a go-ahead, three-run homer over the left field seats in the sixth to put the Curve ahead, 4-3. Ke'Bryan Hayes and Jason Martin delivered RBIs for Altoona in the bottom of the seventh inning to answer a pair scored by Erie in the top half of the inning. Back in the fifth, the Curve evened the score 1-1 after Stephen Alemais tripled with two outs and scored on a double by Christian Kelley.
Dario Agrazal started a solid 6.2 innings for the Curve and made his way into the seventh in his second consecutive outing. He retired 12 of the first 13 SeaWolves he faced and allowed a single run to pass in the fifth. Agrazal was unable to finish the seventh when Erie connected on three straight singles to begin the inning and was pulled after two runs scored with the top of the order coming around for the fourth time. Sean Keselica struck out Jacob Robson to end the inning and stranded Agrazal's final baserunner.
Kelly had another fine day at the plate with a 2-for-3 performance with an RBI double. He completed the homestand with three straight multi-hit games in which he went 7-for-12 with a homer, two doubles and five RBIs.
Hayes also notched a two-hit game for Altoona as the Curve fell to 2-1 in extra-inning contests this season.
After a day off on Thursday, the Curve will head to Harrisburg for three games. Left-hander Brandon Waddell (0-0, 2.04) will start for Altoona and the Senators turn to right-hander Wirkin Estevez (0-2, 6.75) in the series opener on Friday night at 7 p.m.
The Curve will return to Peoples Natural Gas Field for an eight-game homestand beginning on Thursday, May 3 against the Erie SeaWolves.
For tickets or more information, visit AltoonaCurve.com, call 877.99.CURVE or stop by the PNG Field box office.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 25, 2018
- Bats Erupt Before Roadtrip - Reading Fightin Phils
- Reading Bats too Much for RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Fisher Cats Fall Despite Another Impressive Night for Vlad Jr. - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Ponies Walk to Victory, 5-4 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Hartford Takes Rain-Shortened Contest, 3-0 in 6 Innings - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rain Not a Damper as Goats Storm to Shortened Sixth Straight Win - Hartford Yard Goats
- Curve Fall in Extras to SeaWolves - Altoona Curve
- Senators Homestand Preview - Harrisburg Senators
- Baysox Sink Squirrels; Sweep Two-Game Set - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- 'Wolves Battle Back, Take Down Curve in Extras - Erie SeaWolves
- Akin Dominant as Baysox Top Richmond, 3-2 - Bowie Baysox
- Thunder Offense Stalls in Loss to Harrisburg - Trenton Thunder
- Senators Stop Skid with 4-2 Win in Series Finale - Harrisburg Senators
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Rumble Ponies (7-9) vs. Fisher Cats (12-5) - 6:35 Pm - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes April 25th at Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- MiLB.tv: A Service We Like but Want to Love - OSC Original by Paul Reeths
- Erie SeaWolves at Altoona Curve - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Trenton - Game #18 - Harrisburg Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Altoona Curve Stories
- Hayes Wins Second Straight Rawlings Gold Glove Award
- Curve Nominated for Charles K. Murphy Patriot Award
- Curve Announce Partnership with 12-10 Production Company & MotionRocket
- Hayes, Brubaker Honored with Pirates Minor League Awards
- Curve Eliminated with 9-0 Loss to 'Ducks