Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Trenton - Game #18
TODAY'S GAME The Senators try to snap a five-game losing streak in the road trip finale on Wednesday morning. The Thunder took the series with their 1-0 shutout win on Tuesday night. The Senators went just 3-7 against the Thunder last season. Trenton also clinched the Eastern League Eastern Division championship last season at FNB Field with their 6-4 win on August 18, 2017. The two clubs play ten games against each other this year, and the first seven at ARM & HAMMER Park.
ONE RUN TO RULE THEM ALL The Senators suffered their first 1-0 loss since July 2, 2017 in game two of their series to Trenton. The game was the seventh one-run game the Senators have played in this season, which is tied for the most in the Eastern League.
RISE AND SHINE The Senators play their first morning games of the season in the series finale. Wednesday's game is the first of six morning games the Senators are scheduled to play this season, two of which will be played at FNB Field. The team went 2-3 during AM games last season.
DJ TURN IT UP Daniel Johnson is currently on a seven-game hitting streak during which he is batting .344 (11- 32). Johnson combined to hit for the cycle over a two day stretch on Sunday and Monday. The 22-year-old went 3-4 with a home run and a double on Sunday at Hartford, and Monday night vs. Trenton he went 1-4 with the lone hit his first triple at Double-A. Johnson is also tied for fourth in the Eastern League with six stolen bases.
ROSTER MOVEMENT The Senators made a number of roster moves prior to Monday night's series opener against Trenton. Catcher Matt Reistetter and infielder Jacob Wilson were both promoted to Syracuse. In corresponding moves, infielder Drew Ward was activated from the 7-day disabled list and infielder Austin Davidson was promoted to the Senators from Potomac.
RBI TIME Yadiel Hernandez drove in a career-high five RBI in the last game against Hartford on April 22. It's already the second five RBI game of the season by a Senators player after Zach Collier accomplished the feat on opening night April 5 at Bowie. Last season, the Senators had just one five RBI game, when Khayyan Norfork drove in 5 against Portland on July 30.
SENATORS STARTING PITCHER Luis Reyes starts the final game of the road trip for the Senators. The right-hander is 0-2 with a 9.00 ERA over his first two starts this season. Reyes went a personal season-long six innings in his last start while allowing five runs on seven hits. For more information on Reyes, please turn to page two of the games notes.
TRENTON STARTING PITCHERS Justus Sheffield starts the series finale for Tenton. The left-hander is 1-1 with a 3.38 ERA in three starts this season. Sheffield was originally selected in the first round by Cleveland in the 2014 draft. The 21-year-old was one of four players acquired by the Yankees in 2016 in the trade that sent Andrew Miller to the Indians.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 25, 2018
- Bats Erupt Before Roadtrip - Reading Fightin Phils
- Reading Bats too Much for RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Fisher Cats Fall Despite Another Impressive Night for Vlad Jr. - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Ponies Walk to Victory, 5-4 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Hartford Takes Rain-Shortened Contest, 3-0 in 6 Innings - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rain Not a Damper as Goats Storm to Shortened Sixth Straight Win - Hartford Yard Goats
- Curve Fall in Extras to SeaWolves - Altoona Curve
- Senators Homestand Preview - Harrisburg Senators
- Baysox Sink Squirrels; Sweep Two-Game Set - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- 'Wolves Battle Back, Take Down Curve in Extras - Erie SeaWolves
- Akin Dominant as Baysox Top Richmond, 3-2 - Bowie Baysox
- Thunder Offense Stalls in Loss to Harrisburg - Trenton Thunder
- Senators Stop Skid with 4-2 Win in Series Finale - Harrisburg Senators
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Rumble Ponies (7-9) vs. Fisher Cats (12-5) - 6:35 Pm - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes April 25th at Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- MiLB.tv: A Service We Like but Want to Love - OSC Original by Paul Reeths
- Erie SeaWolves at Altoona Curve - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Trenton - Game #18 - Harrisburg Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.