Dragons on TV Friday, Saturday, & Sunday on Dayton's CW
DAYTON, OHIO -Dayton Dragons games on Friday, July 13; Saturday, July 14; and Sunday, July 15 will be televised live from Fifth Third Field on Dayton's CW. Game broadcasts will begin at 7:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 2:00 p.m. on Sunday. The Dragons host the Quad Cities River Bandits on Friday, and the Kane County Cougars on Saturday and Sunday.
All three games are part of a 25-game television package this season, sponsored by Dayton Power & Light. All games will be broadcast live and in high definition on the following outlets:
Over the air Channel 26.1 Spectrum Channels 13 and 1013 Direct TV and DISH Network Channel 26.
Dayton's CW reaches approximately 500,000 households and over 1.2 million potential viewers in a 10-county area.
Dragons Director of Broadcasting Tom Nichols will handle the play-by-play for all telecasts this season. WDTN Sports Anchor/Reporter Hutch Konerman will serve as color commentator on Friday. WDTN Sports Director Jack Pohl will handle the commentator duties on Saturday and Sunday.
Nichols is in his 11th season with the Dragons and 31st year in Minor League Baseball. He has broadcast over 3,900 minor league games since beginning his career in 1988 and has worked at every level of Minor League Baseball. He is a Ball State University graduate and a native of Muncie, Indiana, where he was inducted into the Delaware County Athletics Hall-of-Fame in 2009.
Konerman joined WDTN-TV in 2004 as the Weekend Sports Anchor and Sports Reporter for 2 NEWS. He began his broadcasting career in public radio as a news and sports reporter for WVXU-FM in Cincinnati. He also served as a news reporter and producer at WGEM-TV in Quincy, Ill. and as Sports Anchor and Reporter for WHIO-TV in Dayton. Hutch received a regional Emmy for his sports feature in 2006.
Pohl has served as WDTN-TV Sports Director and Anchor since 2002 and has been with WDTN-TV since August 1995. Jack is a Dayton native who attended Wright State University. He began his broadcasting career at Centerville High School station WCWT. He later moved on to work at various Dayton area radio stations, but is best known for his time as the Z-93 morning show personality with Kim Faris. Jack is proud to have learned the TV business from WDTN's legendary Omar Williams. Jack was honored with the Ohio High School Athletic Association's Sportsmanship and Ethics Integrity Media service award.
Dragons 2018 Television Broadcast Schedule (remaining games)
Day Date Opponent Time
Friday July 13 Quad Cities 7:00
Saturday July 14 Kane County 7:00
Sunday July 15 Kane County 2:00
Friday July 27 Fort Wayne 7:00
Saturday July 28 Lansing 7:00
Sunday July 29 Lansing 2:00
Saturday August 18 Bowling Green 7:00
Sunday August 19 Bowling Green 2:00
Saturday August 25 Lansing 7:00
Sunday August 26 Lansing 2:00
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 12, 2018
- 'Caps Deliver Another Walk-Off Winner - West Michigan Whitecaps
- 'Caps Wilt to Red-Hot Kernels - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars Rally to Get Even, Fall Late - Kane County Cougars
- Captains Earn Season-High Fifth Straight Win - Lake County Captains
- Young Swats First Slam as Lugnuts Upend Bees, 11-8 - Lansing Lugnuts
- LumberKings walloped in eighth straight loss - Clinton LumberKings
- Ober Continues Win Streak in 6-2 Triumph - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hoerner Shines But Cubs Lose 8-1 to Beloit - South Bend Cubs
- Chiefs Drop Series to Captains After 6-1 Loss - Peoria Chiefs
- Blowout Win Earns First Series Victory of Second Half - Great Lakes Loons
- Snappers Notch Eighth Straight in Laugher - Beloit Snappers
- Hot Rods Take Down Cougars 5-4 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Quad Cities Breaks Late Tie, Tops Dragons 4-3 - Dayton Dragons
- Bandits Capitalize on Dayton Miscues in 4-3 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Wisconsin Suffers Another Walkoff Loss to Whitecaps - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 12 at Cedar Rapids (Game 90) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons on TV Friday, Saturday, & Sunday on Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Open Western Road Trip with Fourth Straight Win - Lake County Captains
- Whitecaps Walk-Off Winner Wastes Wisconsin - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Shaffer's Dominance Travels East - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.