Dragons Notes for Tuesday
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 l Game # 12
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Fort Wayne TinCaps (7-5) at Dayton Dragons (4-7)
LH Ryan Weathers (1-0, 1.64) vs. RH Jhon De Jesus (1-0, 0.00)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Fort Wayne TinCaps (affiliate of the San Diego Padres) in the second game of a three-game set. Season Series: Fort Wayne 4, Dayton 1. Dragons on Current Home Stand: 2-1.
Last Game: Monday: Dayton 4, Fort Wayne 0. The Dragons posted their second shutout win of the season as they established season highs in fewest hits allowed (4) and fewest walks allowed (2) in a game. Offensively, the Dragons set a season high for most extra base hits in a game with four, led by Jay Schuyler (2-run double) and Shard Munroe (triple, RBI, run). The Dragons scored two in the first and two in the eighth. Meanwhile, starting pitcher Jacob Heatherly tossed five scoreless innings without allowing a walk, giving up only two hits to earn the win. Jesse Stallings recorded the final four outs without allowing a base runner to earn the save.
Dragons starting pitchers have posted an ERA in the last four games of 0.96 (18.2 IP, 6 R, 2 ER).
The team ERA on the current home stand (three games) is 1.67 (27 IP, 5 ER). Starters on the home stand: 13.2 IP, 2 ER, 1.32 ERA. Bullpen on the home stand: 13.1 IP, 3 ER, 2.03 ERA.
The Dragons have held the lead in nine of their 11 games this season. They have lost two games (both in Fort Wayne) in which they took a lead of at least two runs to the eighth inning.
Shard Munroe is batting .417 (10 for 24) over his last seven games to raise his season's average to .370, which ranks fourth in the MWL. He is 9th in slugging percentage at .556.
Michael Siani is 5 for 14 (.357) with five stolen bases over his last four games. He is the Midwest League leader in steals with seven, one more than Fort Wayne's Xavier Edwards.
Dragons starting pitcher Jhon De Jesus has pitched 10 scoreless innings, allowing only two runners past first base. He is one of six pitchers in the league who have not allowed an earned run as an ERA qualifier (0.8 innings per team's total games). He is tied for fifth in the league in opponent's batting average at .125.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Wednesday, April 17 (7:00 p.m.): Fort Wayne RH Efrain Contreras (0-0, 3.00) at Dayton RH James Marinan (0-1, 5.00)
Thursday, April 18 (6:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (0-1, 1.17) at Lansing RH Sean Wymer (0-0, 3.65)
Friday, April 19 (6:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Jared Solomon (0-1, 3.38) at Lansing RH Cobi Johnson (0-0, 1.00)
Saturday, April 20 (1:05 p.m.): Dayton LH Jacob Heatherly (1-1, 5.19) at Lansing RH Josh Winckowski (0-0, 2.08)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 16, 2019
- Hot Rods Fall to Captains 4-2 on Tuesday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Weathers' Pitching, Plus Power Leads TinCaps to Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kernels Blow out Bandits for 11-2 Victory - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- River Bandits Can't Contain Kernels in 11-2 Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Loons Big 5th Inning Leads to 9-4 Win over Cubs - South Bend Cubs
- Bats Quiet in 'Caps Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Wisconsin Bounces Back with a Shutout of Their Own at Beloit - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Danner's Dinger Propels Lugs to Series Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Fruitful Fifth Forces Rubber Match - Great Lakes Loons
- Parsons, Cedeno Shine in Chiefs 2-1 Walkoff Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Winning Streak Snapped in Walk-Off Loss - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Top Dragons Despite Pair of Monstrous Home Runs by Dayton - Dayton Dragons
- Bowling Green Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 16 at Dayton (Game 13) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars Drop Third Straight - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Notes for Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- Burlington Takes 3-2 Victory in 11 Innings - Burlington Bees
- SJHS & South Bend Cubs Team up for Seniors - South Bend Cubs
- Second Helping of Brats Merchandise Available from the Timber Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Three Hulsizer Homers Not Enough - Great Lakes Loons
- Hot Rods Score Six Times in First Inning to Pace 12-5 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hot Rods Ride Past Captains with Six-Run First - Lake County Captains
- Durna's Two Run Double Leads to 6-5 Series Opening Win vs Loons - South Bend Cubs
- LumberKings Hold on For Third Straight - Clinton LumberKings
- Whitecaps Wilt in Extras - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Early Offense Not Enough in Extras Loss - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs Fall 8-7 Monday - Peoria Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.