Dragons Notes for Monday
Monday, August 19, 2019 l Game # 56 (126)
Cooley Law School Stadium l Lansing, Mich. l 7:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (23-32, 51-74) at Lansing Lugnuts (29-26, 61-63)
RH Adrian Rodriguez (5-2, 3.67) vs. RH Fitz Stadler (4-6, 4.84)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lansing Lugnuts (affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays) in the third game of a four-game series.
Last Game: Sunday: Lansing 9, Dayton 6. The Lugnuts erased a 4-1 Dragons lead with six runs in the bottom of the seventh inning on the way to evening the series at one win apiece. It was a tough day for the Dayton bullpen, which combined to work two and one-third innings while allowing eight runs. The Dragons had 12 hits and were led by Michael Siani (3 for 5, HR, 3 RBI, SB). Matt Lloyd, Cameron Warren, and Randy Ventura each had two hits for Dayton. Starting pitcher Clate Schmidt was brilliant for the Dragons as a late addition to the lineup, allowing just one run in five and two-thirds innings while retiring the last 10 batters he faced.
The Dragons collected 12 hits on Sunday, their highest total in a game since they had 12 on July 31. They have scored at least six runs in back-to-back games for the first time since July 30-31.
The Dragons are 2-3 on the current seven-game road trip, posting a 2.60 ERA with an opponent batting average of .202, but they have allowed seven unearned runs. In two of the five games, Dragons pitchers have not allowed a run over the first nine innings. The Dragons are batting .227 on the trip while scoring 18 runs (3.6 runs per game).
Morgan Lofstrom over his last nine games is batting .367 with one home run and eight runs batted in.
Miguel Hernandez is 5 for 15 (.33) with a double and triple on the current road trip (5 games).
Michael Siani in the current series is 4 for 9 with a home run and double.
Matt Pidich over his last 26 games: 1.39 ERA, 45.1 IP, 29 H, 15 R, 7 ER, 14 BB, 50 SO.
Eddy Demurias over his last three games: 0.00 ERA, 8 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Tuesday, August 20 (12:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (2-9, 4.54) at Lansing RH Troy Watson (6-4, 3.32)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 19, 2019
- Four-Run Fifth Catapults Kernels over River Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Walk off Rattlers Monday - Peoria Chiefs
- Winder Blows Bandits Away in 6-2 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Beloit Falls in Extras to Bees 5-3 - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Walkoff Win Denies Wisconsin's Opportunity to Pick Up Ground in Playoff Race - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars Come from Behind Twice to Beat Clinton - Clinton LumberKings
- Late Rally Falls Short - Lake County Captains
- Lugs Slip Past Mistake-Prone Dragons - Lansing Lugnuts
- Trageton Shines as Hot Rods Edge TinCaps 4-3 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cougars Zoom Past Clinton - Kane County Cougars
- Hot Start Not Enough as Cubs Fall to Loons 5-3 - South Bend Cubs
- TinCaps' Furious Rally Comes Up Inches Short - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Back in the Win Column - Great Lakes Loons
- Lansing Edges Dayton 4-3; Road Trip Finale Set for Tuesday at Noon - Dayton Dragons
- BG Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Lake County Captains to Wrap up Inaugural Hispanic Community Outreach Campaign as Picantes de Lake County on August 31 - Lake County Captains
- South Bend Cubs Play Three Games at Home this Week - South Bend Cubs
- Scolamiero Named Player of the Week - Lake County Captains
- Luis Rijo Named Midwest League Pitcher of the Week - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 19 vs. Bowling Green (Game 124) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons President Robert Murphy Selected as Ballpark Digest Baseball Executive of the Year
- Dayton Dragons 2019 Season in Review
- Dragons Notch Walk-Off Win in Season Finale
- Dragons Notes for Monday
- Whitecaps Top Dragons 2-0 Before Season's Largest Crowd on Sunday Afternoon