Scolamiero Named Player of the Week
(Eastlake, OH) - The Midwest League and the Lake County Captains, Class-A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians, announced today that Captains outfielder Clark Scolamiero has been named the Midwest League Player of the Week for August 12-18.
Scolamiero homered three times and hit three doubles across five games for Lake County. The 23-year old went 6-for-16 during the week with three RBI, seven runs scored, four walks and four strikeouts.
On Monday, Scolamiero tied a Captains single-game record with three doubles. In a 3-for-5 performance against the West Michigan Whitecaps at Classic Park, Scolamiero roped three doubles and scored three runs to lift Lake County to victory.
After Tuesday's league-wide off day, Scolamiero went right back to work on Wednesday, homering in the seventh inning of the Captains' series opener against the South Bend Cubs. While Scolamiero went hitless the following day, he drilled homers in back-to-back games on Friday and Saturday. The outfielder went deep in the fifth inning on Friday, at home against the Cubs. The next day, Scolamiero opened the Captains' series at West Michigan with a bang. He ambushed the first pitch of the series and sent it over the right field wall for his third homer in four games and his fourth in his last eight games.
Information about Classic Park or the Captains can be found online at www.captainsbaseball.com and by phone at 440-954-WINS (9467). Affordable ticket packages and group party and picnic options are available now.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 19, 2019
- Four-Run Fifth Catapults Kernels over River Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Walk off Rattlers Monday - Peoria Chiefs
- Winder Blows Bandits Away in 6-2 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Beloit Falls in Extras to Bees 5-3 - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Walkoff Win Denies Wisconsin's Opportunity to Pick Up Ground in Playoff Race - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars Come from Behind Twice to Beat Clinton - Clinton LumberKings
- Late Rally Falls Short - Lake County Captains
- Lugs Slip Past Mistake-Prone Dragons - Lansing Lugnuts
- Trageton Shines as Hot Rods Edge TinCaps 4-3 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cougars Zoom Past Clinton - Kane County Cougars
- Hot Start Not Enough as Cubs Fall to Loons 5-3 - South Bend Cubs
- TinCaps' Furious Rally Comes Up Inches Short - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Back in the Win Column - Great Lakes Loons
- Lansing Edges Dayton 4-3; Road Trip Finale Set for Tuesday at Noon - Dayton Dragons
- BG Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Lake County Captains to Wrap up Inaugural Hispanic Community Outreach Campaign as Picantes de Lake County on August 31 - Lake County Captains
- South Bend Cubs Play Three Games at Home this Week - South Bend Cubs
- Scolamiero Named Player of the Week - Lake County Captains
- Luis Rijo Named Midwest League Pitcher of the Week - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 19 vs. Bowling Green (Game 124) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.