Cougars Zoom Past Clinton
Geneva, Illinois - The Kane County Cougars (71-54, 36-20) scored six unanswered runs to break a 4-4 tie and beat the Clinton LumberKings (66-59, 33-23) 8-4 on Monday night at Northwestern Medicine Field. The Cougars extended their division lead to three games over the LumberKings.
The Cougars led after the first inning on Zack Shannon's RBI single. The LumberKings evened the score in the second on an error by centerfielder Kristian Robinson. A wild pitch gave Clinton the lead, 2-1. The Cougars tied it in the second on Tra Holmes' RBI single. In the fourth, Davis Bradshaw plated the final runs of the night with a two-run base hit.
The Cougars began their flurry in the bottom of the fourth. The Cougars tied the game with two runs, including Kristian Robinson breaking on a pitch in the dirt to race in from third base. In the sixth, Nick Dalesandro broke the 4-4 tie with an RBI single. The Cougars scored three runs in the seventh, all on wild pitches.
Andy Toelken (6-2) earned the win with 4.1 innings of relief. He allowed two unearned runs. Remey Reed (3-2) was hit with the loss, allowing five runs (four earned) on eight hits in 5.2 innings.
The Cougars and LumberKings play game four of the four-game series on Tuesday night with first pitch scheduled for 6:30. For tickets call 630-282-8811 or online at kccougars.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 19, 2019
- Four-Run Fifth Catapults Kernels over River Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Walk off Rattlers Monday - Peoria Chiefs
- Winder Blows Bandits Away in 6-2 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Beloit Falls in Extras to Bees 5-3 - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Walkoff Win Denies Wisconsin's Opportunity to Pick Up Ground in Playoff Race - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars Come from Behind Twice to Beat Clinton - Clinton LumberKings
- Late Rally Falls Short - Lake County Captains
- Lugs Slip Past Mistake-Prone Dragons - Lansing Lugnuts
- Trageton Shines as Hot Rods Edge TinCaps 4-3 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cougars Zoom Past Clinton - Kane County Cougars
- Hot Start Not Enough as Cubs Fall to Loons 5-3 - South Bend Cubs
- TinCaps' Furious Rally Comes Up Inches Short - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Back in the Win Column - Great Lakes Loons
- Lansing Edges Dayton 4-3; Road Trip Finale Set for Tuesday at Noon - Dayton Dragons
- BG Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Lake County Captains to Wrap up Inaugural Hispanic Community Outreach Campaign as Picantes de Lake County on August 31 - Lake County Captains
- South Bend Cubs Play Three Games at Home this Week - South Bend Cubs
- Scolamiero Named Player of the Week - Lake County Captains
- Luis Rijo Named Midwest League Pitcher of the Week - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 19 vs. Bowling Green (Game 124) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kane County Cougars Stories
- Cougars Reveal Promotional Lineup for 2020 Season
- Cougars Announce Seasonal Job Fair Scheduled for February 8 and 23
- Cougars Announce Capital Improvements Ahead of 30th Anniversary Season
- Cougars Reveal Economic Impact Statement
- Harrison Returns to Manage Cougars for 2020 Season